Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Life's Challenging! What keeps you going? Tips wanted
Previous  1  2  3

amother
Lime

Post Mon, Nov 04 2019, 10:26 am
Music.Specifically singing. Loudly. Tunes with positive empowering sentiments and strong upbeats. most of the ones I sing are from Tehillim and davening though there are some totally secular ones from Broadway musicals and other sources. I never, ever, sing “poor me” tunes unless I change the words from “I’m so alone, boohoo” to “I’m not alone, woohoo!” Singing is so much better than crying.

thegiver

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:14 pm
Pretending to be happy and smiling and breathing deeply. Seeking connection instead of escaping.

amother
Rose

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:59 pm
oneofakind wrote:
I can't emphasize enough eating regularly, sleeping enough, some sort of exercise preferably outside, online meditations/visualizations/yoga, escaping into a good book or movie, nurturing rituals like leisurely showers/baths, hot drinks.
Acceptance and stopping to blame myself or feeling that I'm intrinsically defective for having this challenge was major.
There is pain and there is suffering. Pain is a natural reaction to what happens to us. Suffering is the added negative meaning we add to the pain.
Refuah Sheleima to all the posters who needed that and Hatzlacha to you and everybody else who needs a Yeshuah.

Going through some family challenge now, this post has helped me so much, understanding the difference between pain and suffering...thank you!!

sarahmalka

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:00 am
Wonderful thread, thank you OP for starting it. Coming on imamother helps me a lot! Sometimes I sign on in order to vent about something really bothering me (like this morning) and after a few minutes of catching up on threads, I feel better enough that I'm ok for awhile.
I also feel better from cleaning/organizing something, and from playing solitaire.
Davening is very difficult for me, I wish I could rely on that like others do, to transition me through tough times. And tehillim- forget it! So difficult dor me, the language is tough (my Hebrew skills are ok but somehow tehillim feel inaccessible). In fact I've been meaning to start a thread asking for advice about imas favorite tehillim books and translations.

just me!!

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 2:55 pm
LIVING EMUNAH!!!
really helped me!
Wishing you much Hatzlacha and good mazzel from now on.... Smile

Refine

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:18 pm
spending time with friends who care about me and are non-judgemental.
Meeting inspiring, unselfish, altruistic or "real" people.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:31 pm
Refine wrote:
spending time with friends who care about me and are non-judgemental.
Meeting inspiring, unselfish, altruistic or "real" people.

I haven't yet met non-judgmental, unselfish people. Where are they??? What

amother
Orchid

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:00 pm
To add to all the ideas here.
I find that volunteering helps. It keeps me busy and I am doing something productive ( without spending a dime). And It’s a great feeling.

Going to the gym is also my escape.

essie14

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:59 am
We are also not in a position to spend a lot of money right now. I don't go for manicures or massages.
1. Bought myself a nice water bottle and I make infused water to drink throughout the day. Fresh lemon, fresh mint, or berries. Whatever you like. It makes you drink more which we all need and feels indulgent.
2. Not too expensive bluetooth headphones. Free podcasts on my phone. I get outside and take a walk and listen to whatever I like. Or music on spotify if that's what I'm in the mood for if you like audio books you can get a lot for free from your library website and listen while you cook or do housework.

Refine

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 4:22 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I haven't yet met non-judgmental, unselfish people. Where are they??? What

People usually don't display all of those qualities at once, but when I see someone who lives by any one of those values I feel lifted above my reality.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics