Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Sary Wigs - Quality?
Previous  1  2

debsey

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 3:55 pm
amother wrote:
Densey I got that same sary discount as you 😜.

I called them up its only for a 12 inch Shaitel and you can't add money to get a longer wig. The price for a sary that's 1699 is for a long sary wigs these are cheaper to start with and I think that she is trying to sell out this line. I saw a month ago that she had a huge sale on this length wig only.

Usually these deals are too good to be true.

That's OK for an ad, but when you get this "appreciation" coupon in the mail, and it turns out to be a big come-on, that's upsetting. I still may go down and see - if I can get a straight 12 inch sheitel and the hair doesn't seem so coarse, maybe I'll get it as a spare. But I curly 12 inch will end up being a bob on me. Not really an attractive look for a woman my age!

asmileaday

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 4:07 pm
debsey wrote:
That's OK for an ad, but when you get this "appreciation" coupon in the mail, and it turns out to be a big come-on, that's upsetting. I still may go down and see - if I can get a straight 12 inch sheitel and the hair doesn't seem so coarse, maybe I'll get it as a spare. But I curly 12 inch will end up being a bob on me. Not really an attractive look for a woman my age!

Did I miss a post? I didn't see you mention anywhere that they had a sale or offered you a promotion.
For which line is the promotion? Most 12" pinks I have seen are nicely past shoulder length and in the regular Sary it's also nice and long.

debsey

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 4:29 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Did I miss a post? I didn't see you mention anywhere that they had a sale or offered you a promotion.
For which line is the promotion? Most 12" pinks I have seen are nicely past shoulder length and in the regular Sary it's also nice and long.

I got a coupon in the mail that BMG kollel wives are being given this special discount of a Sary for 500.00. I got very excited that I'll have a new sheitel for an affordable price, but I'm hearing more and more rumors that the offer is too good to be true.

asmileaday

Post Fri, Sep 09 2016, 4:35 pm
debsey wrote:
I got a coupon in the mail that BMG kollel wives are being given this special discount of a Sary for 500.00. I got very excited that I'll have a new sheitel for an affordable price, but I'm hearing more and more rumors that the offer is too good to be true.

Wow a 12" for $500? Is there a sponser that's donating the difference?
It's definitely not the Pink.

Liebs

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 3:25 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Wow a 12" for $500? Is there a sponser that's donating the difference?
It's definitely not the Pink.

Probably a donor trying to get Lakewood women to wear shorter wigs!

amother
Red

Post Sat, Sep 10 2016, 10:46 pm
No I got it too. It's a cheaper line to begin with thst she is trying to get rid of. The coupon was deceiving because it was written as you are getting it because we appreciate you so much. It's still worth it to look at it but a mazali is the same price and I heard they are better.

She is getting a tax donation for every wig she sells for the full price or what she is claiming the full price is so for sary it's worth it bec she selling out an old line and getting a tax reduction.

debsey

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 9:09 am
amother wrote:
No I got it too. It's a cheaper line to begin with thst she is trying to get rid of. The coupon was deceiving because it was written as you are getting it because we appreciate you so much. It's still worth it to look at it but a mazali is the same price and I heard they are better.

She is getting a tax donation for every wig she sells for the full price or what she is claiming the full price is so for sary it's worth it bec she selling out an old line and getting a tax reduction.
so basically BMG is participating in a marketing ploy? She gets o unload her junk, she gets a tax advantage, and people are paying 500.00 for a wig that sounds like it's going to disappoint. Something didn't smell right to me as soon as I got the "coupon".

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 10:47 am
debsey wrote:
so basically BMG is participating in a marketing ploy? She gets o unload her junk, she gets a tax advantage, and people are paying 500.00 for a wig that sounds like it's going to disappoint. Something didn't smell right to me as soon as I got the "coupon".

First of all, you're basing this on some anonymous amother's opinion, you don't know if it's true. Second of all, there are so many BMG kollel wives who would be thrilled to get a halfway decent wig for $500. I would be thrilled and I'm not a BMG kollel wife, just somebody who really needs a new wig and can't afford one right now.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 10:55 am
I have a Sary (NOT pink) for 2.5 years and I'm very happy with it. It's wavy and holds the set very nicely. It does tend to get a bit knotty in the winter when I wear a coat but so did my Shevy.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 2:10 pm
Please don't blame bmg they really meant well. She came to them they didn't sit and do research. She told them it's worth $1,000 and she is giving them a discount. It's no ploy if you don't want don't buy.

She only gets a tax deduction on how many wigs were sold none is forcing you
To buy.

You can get lucky and find a good piece I'm sure there are a few.

It's a smart tactic in sarys part but bmg really meant well.

debsey

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 6:28 pm
glutenless wrote:
First of all, you're basing this on some anonymous amother's opinion, you don't know if it's true. Second of all, there are so many BMG kollel wives who would be thrilled to get a halfway decent wig for $500. I would be thrilled and I'm not a BMG kollel wife, just somebody who really needs a new wig and can't afford one right now.

Then say that straight out - send a letter saying "Sary's is unloading old stock, offering to Kollel wives first. This allows her to get a tax break, and you can get a sheitel for cheaper."

I just object to the whole way it was presented. I don't have a ton of money to spare and I want to know what I'm getting into. There are a lot of people in Lakewood who have to be "penny wise and pound foolish" because their husbands learn - every penny counts. Give us full information to make our decisions. The way the coupon is presented, it makes it sound like some anonymous donor is covering the rest of the cost of the wig, not like it's a way for her to get rid of old stock.

I have no problem with the idea - it sounds ingenious - but if it's really too good to be true, tell people that!

debsey

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 6:29 pm
amother wrote:
Please don't blame bmg they really meant well. She came to them they didn't sit and do research. She told them it's worth $1,000 and she is giving them a discount. It's no ploy if you don't want don't buy.

She only gets a tax deduction on how many wigs were sold none is forcing you
To buy.

You can get lucky and find a good piece I'm sure there are a few.

It's a smart tactic in sarys part but bmg really meant well.

Don't you think if you put your name on something, you SHOULD sit and do research on it? BMG is not a private individual, it's an institution that should represent its constituents. There would BE no BMG if not for kollel wives! Based on BMG's name, that's why people are trusting this offer. I really hope there's more to this story........

Notsobusy

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 8:27 pm
debsey wrote:
Then say that straight out - send a letter saying "Sary's is unloading old stock, offering to Kollel wives first. This allows her to get a tax break, and you can get a sheitel for cheaper."

I just object to the whole way it was presented. I don't have a ton of money to spare and I want to know what I'm getting into. There are a lot of people in Lakewood who have to be "penny wise and pound foolish" because their husbands learn - every penny counts. Give us full information to make our decisions. The way the coupon is presented, it makes it sound like some anonymous donor is covering the rest of the cost of the wig, not like it's a way for her to get rid of old stock.

I have no problem with the idea - it sounds ingenious - but if it's really too good to be true, tell people that!

If it was presented as an anonymous donor is covering it, and it's not true, then I agree with you, that's wrong. But right now I don't see that you know whether or not that's true. Maybe the amother is wrong and somebody really is sponsoring it.

amother
Red

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 9:10 pm
I don't know why you are getting upset. Go down and check out the wigs maybe they are good. Just because a line is being discontinued doesn't mean the wigs aren't good.

I have an appointment in two weeks I'll let you know what I think of the wigs. Even though it's only $550 I'm not throwing $550 in the garbage and neither is anyone else.

If someone was sponsoring the wigs then they would give you a choice of a few companies.

But before you check out the wigs don't be so quick to think they are horrible. I am going in skeptical and hoping to be surprised because I would be so disappointed the other way around. This way I'm expecting to come out with nothing and if I get a wig I'll be so happy.

debsey

Post Sun, Sep 11 2016, 10:37 pm
amother wrote:
I don't know why you are getting upset. Go down and check out the wigs maybe they are good. Just because a line is being discontinued doesn't mean the wigs aren't good.

I have an appointment in two weeks I'll let you know what I think of the wigs. Even though it's only $550 I'm not throwing $550 in the garbage and neither is anyone else.

If someone was sponsoring the wigs then they would give you a choice of a few companies.

But before you check out the wigs don't be so quick to think they are horrible. I am going in skeptical and hoping to be surprised because I would be so disappointed the other way around. This way I'm expecting to come out with nothing and if I get a wig I'll be so happy.
I don't know enough about sheitlach to judge. That s the problem! I've been stuck w lemons trying to save money at sheitlach sales before!

amother
Red

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 12:43 am
You can never trust any ad. Do you have a friend who knows shaitels who can go with you. After being ripped off enough times with shaitels I learned a little bit about them so that I can make an informed decision before buying a Shaitel.

shacn

Post Mon, Sep 12 2016, 6:58 pm
What kind of hair does sary say they use?

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Nov 07 2016, 11:29 am
I went back and they conditioned it.. heres hoping Very Happy

amother
Puce

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:56 pm
Bumping this to see if anyone has experience with their newer line and lace tops, trying to get some more info before purchasing one. TIA!

amother
Red

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:12 pm
I would get another company. Lace tops Eva and Cloe makes a great one and so does Irene.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics