Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins
What can I use as a dairy siman?

rgh

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:56 pm
I'm making dairy chocolate chip cookies and my husband said they need to have a siman to show they are dairy.
Any ideas?

ra_mom

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:58 pm
I've only heard this about dairy bread.
Though it would make sense to make a sign for yourself if your choc chip cookies are usually parve.
How about a nut on top in the center? Or a white choc chip just on top? A little ball of extra dough? Or a tiny sprinkle on top of each one?

animeme

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:58 pm
Make a D with the chips, or mix in some blue candy chips too.

rgh

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 5:01 pm
Smart ideas thank you. I have pink wonder melts I'll put those on top.

Yeah I also thought it was only bread; DH said it's all pastries that are usually pareve.

Raisin

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:24 pm
The milk chocolate chips look very different then dark ones. Cut some white milk choc3 into chips and add that too.

I dont think cookies have the same halacha as bread.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:30 pm
Never seen this including my mashgiach relative

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:51 pm
It really depends on what you’re doing with them. If you’re eating them all at once, no Siman needed. Otherwise, with bread you might make a special shape or put cheese on top so you need to find a candy equivalent of that to make it work.

MiriFr

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 6:54 pm
It's only for bread...but if you want to make a reminder for yourself so that you don't accidentally eat it after meat, use white chocolate chips along with the brown ones

rgh

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 7:12 pm
Raisin wrote:
The milk chocolate chips look very different then dark ones. Cut some white milk choc3 into chips and add that too.

I dont think cookies have the same halacha as bread.

I'm using milk and butter in the dough although milk chocolate chips sounds yum. Will try that next time.

zaq

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:15 pm
Buy something distinctive like M&M type candies and stick the colored ones (not brown, which could be taken for a chocolate chip) on top.

Or always make choc chip cookies milchik so everyone knows : if it’s choc chip, it’s milchik. .

Or stop baking milchik cookies. There are plenty of frum brands of pareve chic chips.

Raisin

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:32 am
rgh wrote:
I'm using milk and butter in the dough although milk chocolate chips sounds yum. Will try that next time.

I always use milk chocolate when I make choc chip dough using butter. If I don't have chips I cut up bars that I have. Any type of milk chocolate works!

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:40 am
I called my mashg. relative LOL
It's ok (for us) to just remember
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Cakes, Cookies, and Muffins