Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
How long to hear back from jersey care?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 1:58 pm
I just sent the application in by mail. We need insurance pretty desperately but we also needed a ton of information and paperwork and it took a long time to get everything together. This is in Toms River if it makes a difference. Anyone know how long it takes to get a response? Thanks!

momof2+?

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:20 pm
From my experience they are always backed up. For sure not before 3 months. You can call them though...

Smile1234

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:38 pm
I sent mine in in September and just got a letter last week that Medicaid is in effect since October 1 but the HMO I chose only takes effect on Dec 1.

Smile1234

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 2:38 pm
You can call them and ask what the status is

ddmom

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 4:22 pm
Did you get a letter to confirm that they received the application?
If you didn't, call them to make sure!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:42 pm
I just sent it. Wow! So long!? How long should I wait to make sure they got it and are processing? A week?

sweet

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 8:52 pm
I have NY Medicaid and BCBS insurance and Im wondering if I should even bother switching to jersey care if it takes so long to be approved..
I found Drs that take it and I just gave birth with this insurance..

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:00 pm
sweet wrote:
I have NY Medicaid and BCBS insurance and Im wondering if I should even bother switching to jersey care if it takes so long to be approved..
I found Drs that take it and I just gave birth with this insurance..

I can't imagine that NY medicaid is taken in NJ. Do u mean a regular BCBS plan? You will need to have a suitcase logo on your BCBS card in order to use it out of state. (Otherwise known as Bluecard) meaning if you have empire BCBS, you need to have a suitcase around your card in order for the doctor to be able to see you.

sweet

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 9:22 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
I can't imagine that NY medicaid is taken in NJ. Do u mean a regular BCBS plan? You will need to have a suitcase logo on your BCBS card in order to use it out of state. (Otherwise known as Bluecard) meaning if you have empire BCBS, you need to have a suitcase around your card in order for the doctor to be able to see you.

I don't think I have that, I used chemed for myself and I took my newborn there,. Bh my other children haven't needed to see a Dr. Yet since I moved..
Interestly enough they call it horizon BCBS.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 8:55 pm
I didn’t get any letter or anything, but I did get a copy of the return receipt. I called and left a message on Tuesday and still haven’t heard back. What’s the norm?

Smile1234

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 12:56 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I didn’t get any letter or anything, but I did get a copy of the return receipt. I called and left a message on Tuesday and still haven’t heard back. What’s the norm?

I always reach a person when I’ve called. Keep calling till you speak to someone. Are you sure you’re calling the right number? I never got an option to leave a message.

mom25

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 9:21 am
I kept on calling them to hear status. One of the times they said they're missing some info/documents. Was glad I called because I sent it in before I got the letter in the mail about it.

cbsp

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 9:33 am
Smile1234 wrote:
I always reach a person when I’ve called. Keep calling till you speak to someone. Are you sure you’re calling the right number? I never got an option to leave a message.

What phone number are you using?

Smile1234

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 9:43 am
cbsp wrote:
What phone number are you using?

1800-701-0710

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 9:58 am
Smile1234 wrote:
1800-701-0710

That's the NJ state family Care office in Trenton which is a pleasure to deal with. She needs to speak to TOms river office which is a pain in the @*#$$(732-349-6200)! You may be best off driving down to the Medicaid office in Tom's River if you have time to find out status off application

cbsp

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 10:06 am
That's the NJ state family Care office in Trenton which is a pleasure to deal with. She needs to speak to TOms river office which is a pain in the @*#$$(732-349-6200)! You may be best off driving down to the Medicaid office in Tom's River if you have time to find out status off application

Why couldn't someone in Trenton help her? Doesn't the application go to Trenton?

This is interesting for me because I live in Passaic and always have a hard time getting through to someone.

cbsp

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 10:06 am
Smile1234 wrote:
1800-701-0710

Thank you!

mom25

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 11:25 am

I'm in Tom's River a d called this # too

ddmom

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 12:59 pm
Not sure how to switch but since we switch to trenton office it's so much easier!!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 11:13 pm
From what I understand it’s Tom’s River if you are eligible for the parents too and Trenton If just the kids. That’s one of my problems is that our income/tax returns are complicated so I’m not even sure I should have sent it to Toms River but I wanted to in case we were eligible
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries