Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Staying home with a newborn
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:06 pm
It’s my first baby in a while and I always went to my mother after . This time I’m home . What did you all day with your newborn?

sweet

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:09 pm
Sleep!
Rest, relax,
There's always laundry!

sweet

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:10 pm
And of course nursing the baby takes up all day and night!

allthingsblue

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:10 pm
Sleep
Nurse
Prepare dinner
Clean up a drop if feeling up to it
Sleep
Sleep
(I had from 9:30-3, while older dc was in playgroup)

amother
Oak

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:13 pm
I would think you have more to do — not less — being you’re not by your mother ! But if basic food needs are being taken care of , then SLEEP!

gold21

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:13 pm
I'm usually exhausted when I have a newborn and sleep every possible chance I have-

Beyond that, just the usual everyday chores which keep me quite busy too

amother
Chocolate

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:16 pm
I've never gone anywhere but home after having a baby. I have been able to be a SAHM until my kids are 3. In the begining you take it really easy. Sleep, nurse, change diapers, bathe, heal, take small walks up and down the block, if you are up for it, make soup, rest some more. As you heal, you take on more household duties.
How long will you be able to be home?
Enjoy it, newborns are the best!

amother
Honeydew

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:19 pm
My baby keeps my busy all day bh. Nursing a newborn takes alot of time and there's always what to do in the house.

tichellady

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:22 pm
Just tried to function while barely sleeping and nursing all the time and being super sore everywhere. Tried to sleep when I could and watched tv when I nurses and also spent s lot of time gazing at my beautiful baby and kissing her

amother
OP

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:27 pm
I think around 6 weeks of maternity leave.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:32 pm
I will be the odd one out here and say that I find being home with a newborn really boring. I’m tired and busy so I definitely don’t miss work but I miss the mental stimulation and the adult communication.

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:35 pm
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:
I will be the odd one out here and say that I find being home with a newborn really boring. I’m tired and busy so I definitely don’t miss work but I miss the mental stimulation and the adult communication.

Same. Newborns are so boring. Yes, there was always something to do but none of it was stimulating. Everyone who brought over food I invited into keep me company!

Refine

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 10:45 pm
No idea, it was a blur. Probably just kept my head above water, barely.
If you need some downtime, how about a 1000 piece puzzle or a new book?

amother
Wine

Post Sun, Nov 24 2019, 11:34 pm
Appreciate every second! It goes by quickly (and in some ways slowly) but it’s such a special time that you never get back. I just got through the first year of likely my last baby and I’m sad. It’s just amazing. Rest and enjoy and Mazal tov!

amother
Apricot

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:13 am
amother [ Mistyrose ] wrote:

I'll be a bigger odd one out. After a week or two if felt I had so much free time I offered to do work at home while the baby sleept.

FranticFrummie

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:52 am
DD had a weak latch, so in order to keep her fed I had to nurse her pretty much every hour, on the hour. At night she had colic, so I walked the floor with her until dawn, trying to get her to nurse some more, but she was too busy screaming.

I don't remember much of the rest, I was a zombie.

Once we got her on lactose free formula, she slept through the night at about 4 months.

amother
Pearl

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 4:58 am
For the first few weeks, I hardly went out. After that I started making small trips such as to the mall or to friends/family.

I also went to a baby class which was great as I needed some social interaction.

I felt like I needed to leave the house at least once a day otherwise I would go crazy but I think that's one of the reasons that my postpartum bleeding took ages to stop.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 6:16 am
How many days did it take into you started doing household chores ?

amother
Bisque

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 11:20 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
It’s my first baby in a while and I always went to my mother after . This time I’m home . What did you all day with your newborn?

what number kids is this?
I just had my third, I was so busy with appointments, errands, house work, suppers...hardly even got to nap.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 11:27 am
This is my third kh but I have a large gap between my second and this .
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics