Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Rabbi Gellerman "Chinuch expert" Lakewood NJ
Previous  1  2

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 10:28 am
thanks, amesthyst, but I just wanted to know if he's licensed because I feel comfortable only with those who are licensed, do you now if he is?

OBnursemom

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:28 pm
NPI stands for National Provider Identifier. It is a national system. If you can’t find one looking in NY and NJ, it means he doesn’t have a NPI anywhere in the country. Try looking here: https://www.npinumberlookup.org/

amother
Denim

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:48 pm
OBnursemom wrote:
NPI stands for National Provider Identifier. It is a national system. If you can’t find one looking in NY and NJ, it means he doesn’t have a NPI anywhere in the country. Try looking here: https://www.npinumberlookup.org/
thank you so much, this is so helpful!

amother
Sapphire

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:01 pm
My husband and I went to see him because one of our children is more challenging. His advice did not work for us. He wanted each of us to switch roles - DH should try to be more like my nature, and I should adopt DH's. It was basically impossible for us, and caused us no small amount of SB issues as we tried..... I also felt that he said he understood the situation and I'm not sure he did. He would sit there stroking his beard and saying he gets it when he never met our child and I didn't feel he fully grasped it.

I have found no evidence of his being licensed anywhere. I looked and looked, pages of googling.

I ended up speaking to a highly recommended, experienced older LCSW, and she said in therapy they would never recommend his methods. You can't push a person to change his/her personality as a parent. Rather, you work with what is and try to encourage people to be more positive, etc...

I also want to say that with alot of patience and love, our child is slowly showing more maturity and improvement. I think we went to Rabbi Gellerman because DH was looking for some miraculous quick-fix. And I don't think that's realistic.

I think he's a chashuve and well-meaning person and there were general areas that he gave us good advice, but in the specific areas with this child, it was not on target.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)