Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers
If You work at home on the computer
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:35 pm
Who looks after your babies?

At what age do you start sending them.out to babysitting/playgroup?

Ruchel

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:41 pm
Me until I send them out
I generally send at 2/3 later or before depending on their social needs

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:44 pm
I work from home. My "baby" is 11 B"AH...but been doing this for about 16 years. As soon as I went back to work after the baby, baby went to the babysitter.

I can't do two jobs at once.....

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:46 pm
I made a full time income at home when my twins were babies and toddlers. I worked when they napped and after they went to bed at night. Once a week for a few hours I also had a babysitter at the house with them. I was less stressed and busy then than I am now somehow.

amother
Olive

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:48 pm
Me. I have flexible hours so I start and stop but it's so tough!
I send them to school close to 3.

small bean

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 12:53 pm
I work around my baby. I send them out when they start asking, usually around 2.5

eagle

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:06 pm
My babies start daycare at 3 months. I work a typical 9 to 5 and need to be available for those hours. I am beyond grateful I can work from home though.

joss3

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:08 pm
It’s so so hard to care for a baby and also work from home.

I hired a baby nurse for the first few months so that I could work, until the baby was on a predictable nap schedule. I was just not getting enough done without the extra help.

Find what works best for you, send out when you need to or hire extra help if you can.

Good luck!

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:11 pm
I work from home with toddlers and babies home. It's a struggle, because there are not enough hours in the night to finish everything, but trying to work while the kids are around makes everything take twice as long or more. I don't have a babysitter, although sometimes I fantasize about having one!

IOW, it CAN be done, but I don't recommend it.

sky

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 1:18 pm
Depends on child’s disposition
Right now I have a 15 month old home with me - he is great. Plays nicely. Takes 3 hr nap.
The earliest I sent out was 9 months. (I’m an expert at nursing and typing lol).
I found the more kids I had the longer I kept them home. My first kids I had much harder time.
I’m not on the phone a lot - I could see if I was that would be an issue.

amother
Papaya

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 2:44 pm
When my baby was born I was working at a very flexible PT work from home job. Between naps and bedtime I was able to work. Sometimes I would wear her in a carrier while I worked. Once she started crawling I set up a large gated in area where I could watch her from my desk. From 12-24 months I pretty much only worked while she was sleeping and I gave her my full attention when she was awake. I would take her on most of my errands. At 2 years old I started sending her to daycare 3x a week (took on more responsibility at my job) and at 2 1/2 playgroup every day till 1:00. I work in the AM a bit. Do my errands. Make supper. then spend the afternoon with her and work again after she goes to sleep.

banana123

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:11 pm
Me. I work with my baby on my lap.

amother
Burgundy

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:16 pm
Wow!! you guys are super moms!!! How do you do it? can you say what your job exactly entails?

I DO NOT keep my baby home; I would never be able to work with her home. I work 9-4 every day, on a salaried job. I would feel like its stealing to have my baby home with me and be busy with her when I'm supposed to be working.

amother
Black

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:28 pm
amother [ Burgundy ] wrote:
Wow!! you guys are super moms!!! How do you do it? can you say what your job exactly entails?

I DO NOT keep my baby home; I would never be able to work with her home. I work 9-4 every day, on a salaried job. I would feel like its stealing to have my baby home with me and be busy with her when I'm supposed to be working.

I don’t think everyone is super mom. Not everyone works as many hours as you mentioned. Personally I need to work 15 hours/week. It makes no difference which hours I choose, as long as the work gets done. So I work when baby naps or sleeps at night. But I have Sunday through Friday to accomplish what you need to do over the course of just Monday and Tuesday. Not quite equal circumstances.

sky

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 3:51 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:
I don’t think everyone is super mom. Not everyone works as many hours as you mentioned. Personally I need to work 15 hours/week. It makes no difference which hours I choose, as long as the work gets done. So I work when baby naps or sleeps at night. But I have Sunday through Friday to accomplish what you need to do over the course of just Monday and Tuesday. Not quite equal circumstances.

I’m work 32+ hrs

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 4:12 pm
amother [ Black ] wrote:

thats true point.

maybe lets include how many hours you work, if hours are flexible, nature of the work etc

im also quite surprised how many work at home and keep babies at home

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:23 pm
anyone else??

Btw- the purpose of this thread was not to have another "im a bigger suppermom" than you thread- and it was not a reaction to the recent threads about working/ sahm

Only reason I am asking is because I a new first time mom- I am currently working at home with an infant -now he still sleeps a lot so I find it possible. I dont think this will be possible once he gets older and needs more attention

I was wondering at what point others felt it necessary to send babies out- so I know what to expect and can prepare myself with babysitting.

thanks chayllee- and all those who answered honestly that they send their baby out

someone

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:34 pm
I think it depends on the nature of the baby (and of the mom). With my previous child I worked at home with him until he was nearly two. It was fine until a few months before the end of that year when I started feeling that it had run its course. As an infant he slept a lot and was generally very calm, and as a toddler he still slept a lot (even when I sent him out when he was two I collected him at 12 and he went to sleep at home). Also I'm pretty laid back about mess and things, so he used to make a massive mess while I was working and then I would tidy it up in the afternoon. Lather rinse repeat.
I am now working at home with a baby b"H. He is less calm than his older brother, and I find myself constantly re-evaluting the situation. So far it's working, but I have to make up hours in the evening (that's what I'm doing now, in theory) so that I can meet my deadlines even though I stop to take care of him. I used to do that with the previous baby as well, but now my older kids are older so my evening starts later. He already doesn't sleep so much during the day so I can't imagine keeping him home for as long as I did before, but who knows.
I work between 7 - 8 hours a day and have tight deadlines that I have to meet. But, I can accept or decline projects so if I'm offered something that has a deadline I don't think is realistic because of the baby I can refuse it. Sorry it's so long, this is something I have been thinking about a lot recently as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:37 pm
someone wrote:
I think it depends on the nature of the baby (and of the mom). With my previous child I worked at home with him until he was nearly two. It was fine until a few months before the end of that year when I started feeling that it had run its course. As an infant he slept a lot and was generally very calm, and as a toddler he still slept a lot (even when I sent him out when he was two I collected him at 12 and he went to sleep at home). Also I'm pretty laid back about mess and things, so he used to make a massive mess while I was working and then I would tidy it up in the afternoon. Lather rinse repeat.
I am now working at home with a baby b"H. He is less calm than his older brother, and I find myself constantly re-evaluting the situation. So far it's working, but I have to make up hours in the evening (that's what I'm doing now, in theory) so that I can meet my deadlines even though I stop to take care of him. I used to do that with the previous baby as well, but now my older kids are older so my evening starts later. He already doesn't sleep so much during the day so I can't imagine keeping him home for as long as I did before, but who knows.
I work between 7 - 8 hours a day and have tight deadlines that I have to meet. But, I can accept or decline projects so if I'm offered something that has a deadline I don't think is realistic because of the baby I can refuse it. Sorry it's so long, this is something I have been thinking about a lot recently as well.

thanks- I think you understand my dilema- im in a similar situation- in a way its easier since its my only kid and dont have as many responsibilities. im also in the reevaluting stage

I cant imagine being able to keep baby home and work once I have a bunch of kids

once I find it to be stressful- I think I would send him out

amother
Coral

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 5:39 pm
If I had the choice, I'd have a babysitter starting at the age when baby needs entertainment and not just nursing, whatever age that is for the specific child. 3 months, 5 months, 9 months or whatever.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Working Women -> Work at Home Mothers