Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
What does a wedding planner do?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:04 pm
Very Happy Very Happy thanks

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:05 pm
are you the same person asking about what time planner comes to the hall?

amother
Brunette

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:13 pm
No. I am the one that asked about the time. Very Happy

flowerpower

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:16 pm
I never heard of it until my 2 neighbors told me they had one. You learn something every day.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:19 pm
They call the bands and set up tasting. Make dress appointments. And call flower shops. They help manage the inventions and returns and thank yous. All sorts of nitty gritty. Also they might have ins and be able to get you that linen that you didn't think you could find.

And much much more

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:25 pm
thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:28 pm
what do they do the day of the wedding?

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Makes sure everything runs smoothly.

agreer

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:34 pm
They're really for people who want extra or who are working with a hall/hotel that is not all-inclusive.

In NY and Lakewood, at the popular halls where they have 5 weddings a week, you don't need one unless you want something non-standard.

However, if you're making a wedding in a park, golf course, beach, or hotel that never had a Jewish wedding before, you'll definitely need one.

A wedding planner also helps with ideas/themes for decor, buffet/desert table, etc.

I live OOT where there are no halls. Most weddings have a wedding planner.

singleagain

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:57 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Also, it would be good for them to say, know everyone who's walking down. Why needs to be there for pictures. That the band is ready to play the entrance song. Etc

amother
Wine

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:18 am
Our wedding coordinator was invaluable. I made all the arrangements myself, but she ran everything on the day of the wedding. So I met with her before the wedding and told her who each vendor was - band, photographer, etc. We made a schedule together of how we wanted the day to run. I made a list of what poses and who we wanted in all the pictures - eg: kallah with sister, kallah with all siblings together. Photographer and WC each got this list and she made sure the proper people were in the pictures.
She made sure each step of the evening started at the time we wanted. When it was time for badeken, she wrapped up the chosson tish, and told the band to start playing.
She lined up whoever was walking down and told them when to go.
She made sure the chuppah was set up with the glasses and the wine and she provided laminated cards for the brachot. She had a list of all the kibudim with backups for each. So if someone wasn't available for the bracha she could immediately say who was the backup.
She collected the broken glass so my friend could make a keepsake out of it.
After yichud room she calculated how much time till we had to come out and told the photographer "you have this much time for pics" she told the band when to start playing the entrance music.
I did all the seating arrangements and provided her with the master list of all guests and their table numbers as well as a table chart with the names of everyone seated at each table.
If anyone had a seating issue they went to her.
After the first dance she guided us to the tables for group pics. She made sure the caterer brought out each course at the time we wanted. She made sure the shtick was available at the right times.
Probably more small things that I can't remember. She was awesome and worth every penny. I've been to weddings where the parents have to do most of these things and it really doesn't let them fully enjoy the wedding.
There are also wedding planners who help you every step of the way during the entire planning process. I didnt need that, I just needed her on the day of.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 12:25 am
Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics