Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
NY seminary info and advice please

amother
OP

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 7:36 pm
It seems like everyone mentions the Israel seminaries, or occasionally the Lakewood ones. I'm trying to find out what exists in NY, preferably in Queens (though I"ll happily take anywhere in the NYC area). In a pinch I"ll even take info on Baltimore, though I'd really prefer something much more local.

I know there had been a program in the Five Towns area, but I believe they closed. Years ago Queens College had something with Ateret, but I don't know if that still exists or if you could go to that program if you weren't in Queens College.

My daughter would like to do something Jewish next year, and we may land up looking at Touro or Stern, but I'd rather see if I can find her a seminary option first.

Open to full or half time.

TIA

amother
Slategray

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 9:43 pm
There's Rebbetzin Assaf's seminary which I believe is on McDonald Avenue, Rebbetzin Aviva Feiner's place in FR or 5T which may be only half-day. And does BY Intensive still exist?

amother
Navy

Post Mon, Nov 25 2019, 11:51 pm
There seem to be lots of places in Boro Park as well. Would love if someone can share info. about them!

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 2:55 pm
bump

amother
Floralwhite

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 3:38 pm
I really like what I've heard and seen about Rebbetzin Assaf's seminary.
I heard that the Far Rockaway one closed down but I might be wrong.
Bais Yaakov Boro Park Intensive is a good seminary too, might be for insular yeshivish but maybe not. Really good for girls who are serious about teaching.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 3:45 am
A couple of posters mentioned Rebbetzin Assaf's seminary. Does anyone know the name of the program or any details about it?

I've heard two more names recently - TBY (Tiferes Bnos Yisroel) and Ateres Naava, both in Brooklyn.

Does anyone have any information about either of these programs?

Also, Ateres Naava's website makes it sound like perhaps it's aimed at girls from complicated backgrounds. Can anyone tell me if my impression is an accurate one?

Basically, still looking for any and all info, please. Names of programs are great, details on what the programs are like would be lovely, too.

TIA

doctorima

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:05 am
Rebbetzin Assaf has a great reputation, and her place is called the NY Seminary - https://thenyseminary.com/

I don't know that much about Ateres Naava, but I have the same general impression as you. Hopefully someone with personal experience can clarify further.

Rebbetzin Feiner's place is closed: http://www.mbrseminary.org/

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 3:00 pm
For those of you recommending Rebbetzin Assaf's program, what can you tell me about it?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 2:24 pm
bump

As in, would love more information please. There's so many seminaries in Brooklyn, but even their websites (those that have them) don't seem to have much information.

Is there a trick to this that I'm missing? Is there a website or organization that keeps track of these things or that I can reach out to?

Basically, just looking for a warm place for my DD to continue her Jewish education here in NY.

TIA

amother
Sapphire

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 3:42 pm
My daughter is at Assaf this year. It has a great and intense program . It is geared for a BY crowd of all types a lot of Chassidish, Yeshivish and Sfardi. I dont think it's the kind of place for someone that thinks of Sterns as an option.

BY Intensive is very yeshivish and definitely geared for teachers.

There is a also something I think Netzitoz and Elyon
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics