Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
Most amazing and interesting gemachs!
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

amother
Sapphire

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:25 am
A doona is not convenient for shopping because it doesn't have a basket to store bags and if u hang bags on the handle, it flips over.
Would you take a snap n go from a gemach? Or only a doona?
(There's a doona discussion thread already.)

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:29 am
amother [ Sapphire ] wrote:
A doona is not convenient for shopping because it doesn't have a basket to store bags and if u hang bags on the handle, it flips over.
Would you take a snap n go from a gemach? Or only a doona?
(There's a doona discussion thread already.)

Is there a gmach in Israel? A snap n go is fine.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:39 am
Nanny cam gemach - you have a new sitter or you are suspicious about something you borrow the nanny cam and record her for a few days.

I once borrowed a gown from a plus size gown gemach in Monsey. Was very very grateful!

amother
Periwinkle

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:46 am
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
I was intrested in a doona gmach because I was told that it makes life much easier. Schlepping a baby in and out of the car. We don't usually have a car and have one now for a few months and it's really really shleppy to get my baby in and out.
I'm so not a brand name type of person. Purely for the convenience.

you still need to get the baby in and out of the car with a donna.

amother
Seagreen

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:13 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Our local library in larchmont ny has a box to donate eyeglass

My bil donated to a bunch of shuls a basket full of eyeglasses. He got the idea because his wife, my sister, always forgot her reading glasses when she went to shul. This is NY where most people don’t hold by the eruv.

amother
Orange

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:14 am
amother [ Periwinkle ] wrote:
you still need to get the baby in and out of the car with a donna.

Like I said I never had 1. But my sil told me she loves the convenience of it. She has the base and just pops it out easily. I'm sorry if I offended anyone. If you knew me in real life you would laugh that I was being accused of needing a doona because it's a brand name.

HelloG

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:33 am
Maternity coats I saw advertised

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:35 am
please post links

keym

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 10:53 am
My sister came from EY for a simcha for 5 days. She borrowed a Doona from the gemach. Not having to juggle the stroller and car seat in the airport was huge. Having a car seat in the States was also mega convenient.
I totally understand. I usually have a Graco carseat and either a stroller or snap and go. But having to shlep both the carseat and the stroller or not bringing both but not having a stroller and carseat at your destination is stressful.

amother
Khaki

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 11:30 am
There is a woman in NJ who lends wigs to cancer patients. They bring them in every few weeks to be washed and styled, free of charge.

A friend purchased a wig when she had cancer, and lends it to people in the community when needed.

suremom

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 3:36 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
A hug gemach Very Happy Very Happy

Donated!

In regards to doona gemach, after my SN child was born, it would've been greatly appreciated. We were in and out of the car a lot to therapies, drs, etc. Snap and go meant an extra trip to car to get base from trunk to sidewalk. On busy streets with cars honking and mad drivers, it would've been great. Retrospectively, it would've been worth the investment (for me to buy).

amother
Maroon

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:14 pm
I would want to start a kugel gemach. Basically 2 or 3 types of kugel that I would have frozen on hand if somebody needed it for -extra guests -when they are sick -after birth -during a hetic work time/simcha time -after surgery -just moved etc. I've had times when I was super morning-sickness nauseous and could barely cook for shabbos so DH just threw in oven a basic chicken but if somebody would have sent over a kugel that would have been super filling and helpful to have with. a potato kugel/yerushalmi kugel from the store is really expensive in my area. Does this sound like a good idea?

flowerpower

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:21 pm
My friend has a jewelry gemach. People borrow jewelry for a simcha.

qwerty4

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:37 pm
amother [ Orchid ] wrote:
There is an amazing gmach in Monsey for maternity gowns. Brand new dresses! She's so kind and patient. It was a real help for me, since it's not something that you can really reuse.

Can you give me the info for this?

Avrahamamma

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:40 pm
I see a Doona being a huge help if youre traveling by bus also. Usually the driver will make you fold up the stroller then you have only so many hands but lot of stuff. I don't have one. But if I had $$ I would buy one and not feel like I was being too indulgent. between that and a large backpack for your stuff and shopping it could be great if you don't have a car but find yourself in vehicles often.

I had a bedika cloth gmach for a while. They were only sold in the mikveh in our town. and the mikveh only opens at night. eventually a jewish owned pharmacy opened up and I convinced them to stock on bedikot.

amother
Royalblue

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:43 pm
suremom wrote:
Donated!

In regards to doona gemach, after my SN child was born, it would've been greatly appreciated. We were in and out of the car a lot to therapies, drs, etc. Snap and go meant an extra trip to car to get base from trunk to sidewalk. On busy streets with cars honking and mad drivers, it would've been great. Retrospectively, it would've been worth the investment (for me to buy).

Same! It's so frustrating running around the car and trying to maneuver the car seat onto the base with a twenty pound infant in it while holding shopping bags and diaper bags before and after every appointment.

amother
Magenta

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:53 pm
Bowling shoe gemach.

amother
Mint

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:55 pm
qwerty4 wrote:
Can you give me the info for this?

Mrs halperin- 845-425-1725

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 7:23 pm
I have a doona and I think its a no brainer. Its $500 but because Im in and out of the car a lot, I didnt buy another carriage also. And when my baby grows out of the doona I will get a stroller that can fold up easily and keep in the car (and without a bassinet) + a regular convertible all in 1 car seat so it can actually come out cheaper in the end.

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 8:06 pm
I was thinking of starting a gemach that would give a starter stash of cloth diapers to mothers of babies with sensitive skin. Would anyone be interested in that?
Page 4 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries