Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
EI in NY. Can you tell me about it?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:59 pm
I have a masters and am certified in birth-6 grade - do I need anything else?
Is it hard to get cases?
Around how much does it pay?
What are the advandages and disadvantages of doing it? Thanks

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 8:44 pm
bump

Sunny Days

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:16 pm
What do you want to do? evals? a special ed instructor in the home?
it really depends what you want to do- for evals for example you need at least 3 years of experience working in EI and then I think you need to do some evals under 'supervision'.

For cases- you will need to be contracted via an agency to work with children unless you want to go private which I don't know what the market is like in NY.

There is definitely a lot of paperwork involved and the pay was cut which means that there is quite a shortage of EI therapists. there is usually traveling involved but depending on agency and area you work in you can sometimes get cases near each other which decreases travel time and parking searching

Last edited by Sunny Days on Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:23 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 9:54 pm
gamzehyaavor wrote:
What do you want to do? evals? a special ed instructor in the home?
it really depends what you want to do- for evals for example you need at least 3 years of experience working in EI and then I think you need to do some evals under 'supervision'.

For cases- you will need to be contracted via an agency to work with children unless you want to go private which I don't know what the market is like in NY.

There is definitely a lot of paperwork involved and the pay was cut which means that there is quite a shortage of EI therapists. there is usually traveling involved but depending on agency and area you work in you can sometimes get cases near each other which decreases travel time and parking searching

Thanks! I'd like to do special instruction. so having my certification is enough? Do you know which agency's are good to work for? What is the pay rate is about?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:12 pm
bump
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics