Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to give my husband for Siyum HaShas?

mazelandbracha

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 5:54 pm
This is my husband's first time doing Daf Yomi. He started right after the last siyum, and it wasn't easy, but he is B'H finishing and we are going to NY for the Siyum HaShas! I want to get him something special, but not super expensive. Any ideas? I'm sure I am not the only one...

teachkids

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 6:06 pm
Does he have a good shtender? A comfortable chair where he learns? Bluetooth Headphones if he likes to listen to shiurim

amother
Indigo

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 6:29 pm
A nice painting of a learning Torah scene? And to spice it up maybe you can also engrave the frame with the names of all the Mesechtos of Shas? (Don’t know what this would cost)

jfk92

Post Tue, Nov 26 2019, 6:41 pm
teachkids wrote:
Does he have a good shtender? A comfortable chair where he learns? Bluetooth Headphones if he likes to listen to shiurim

This is exactly how id reply! My husband is so thrilled w his new shtender. And often listens to shiurim so likes to have comfortable headphones. Kuddos on finishing it. Bh wonderful accomplishment!

Ruchel

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 5:51 am
Go to the gala!

sky

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 7:26 am
There was another thread recently with some great ideas.
Last time there was a really nicer framed print commemorating thevaccomplishment.

Personally I wanted my kids to also appreciate the enormity of it. Last time We made a poster and made a ‘train’ of each mesechta with its start date. Then decorated with events along the way - births, trips, weddings,major events... we also added pictures, stories, jokes. It came out really nice (for kids of all ages being involved). I think it gave us all an idea of how really huge it is.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 9:05 am
How about a nice traveling leather Tallis bag

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 9:11 am
My father has B"H been doing the Daf for a long time...I remember the last time, we invited my parents for Shabbos. I invited two of my siblings, with their families, to come for Shalosh Seudos and we surprised him with a family Siyum, all set up with matching papergoods and a festive meal, surrounded by his children and grandchildren. I remember he was very touched.

Chayalle

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 9:12 am
mazelandbracha wrote:
This is my husband's first time doing Daf Yomi. He started right after the last siyum, and it wasn't easy, but he is B'H finishing and we are going to NY for the Siyum HaShas! I want to get him something special, but not super expensive. Any ideas? I'm sure I am not the only one...

Also - Mazal Tov! To your DH, and to the woman behind him!

amother
Orange

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:50 pm
Following!
This is also my husband's first time.
Would like to get something really meaningful. Maybe a piece of silver?
Any suggestions?

flmommy

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:06 pm
amother [ Orange ] wrote:
Following!
This is also my husband's first time.
Would like to get something really meaningful. Maybe a piece of silver?
Any suggestions?

Megillah case?

amother
Salmon

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 3:25 pm
Mazel tov, OP! My dh doesn't love when I spend a lot of $ on gifts for him. He's a frugal guy. Is your dh like that too? If so, I would blow up a photo of him by the Siyum and frame it beautifully and hang it up. It would speak volumes about how proud you are of him, and he would feel great.

mazelandbracha

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 5:01 pm
Such great ideas! And yes. He doesn't like me to spend a lot on him. I like the framed print idea...where was it sold last time?
And thanks for the mazal tovs!

amother
Khaki

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 5:30 pm
My dh made a siyum on his own schedule, not at the same time as the big one. So we made a nice siyum at home and invited his family, close friends, and our rav and rebbetzin. It was really beautiful.

I also wanted to buy him a gift, but money is tight and I knew something big or "extra" would probably stress him out. So I ended up surprising him with a black Friday deal that was just perfect for him. I really wanted to get something closer to a need than a want to make him happy.

amother
Orange

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:19 am
This is the kind of the thing where I would splurge a few extra $ for...
Ideas?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics