Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
How much do you pay your cleaning lady, in BP, per hour?
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:01 am
How much do you pay your cleaning lady in BP per hour (for 3 hours)?

happyness

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:05 am
11 plus transportation..which is like 12 an hour if you break it down

FWIW, I think we should all stop agreeing to pay more and more. A friend told me her lady asked for 16!!!! She sent her packing. I told her she's a hero

ShishKabob

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:10 am
delicious wrote:

FWIW, I think we should all stop agreeing to pay more and more. A friend told me her lady asked for 16!!!! She sent her packing. I told her she's a hero
She definitely is a hero!

amother
Black

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:17 am
Monsey. I pay $12 an hour.

amother
Wine

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:27 am
$13 Flatbush. Sometimes car fare on top of that.

amother
Hotpink

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:48 am
B.P. $12 an hour. If she comes on Yom tov for just 1-1/2 hours I usually give an extra $5. Nice bonus for holiday. Little gift for her birthday (body wash etc.).
She gets paid more at another job but appreciates how I treat her and doesn't expect more.

amother
Jetblack

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 10:55 am
$13 no transportation
My old lady asked me for a $2 raise up to $15 so I let her go

amother
Puce

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 12:39 pm
$13/hr. No transportation. BP

amother
Violet

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 12:42 pm
delicious wrote:

FWIW, I think we should all stop agreeing to pay more and more.

If people are willing to pay more, that is what it's worth. Cleaners deserve fair pay.

ra_mom

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 12:57 pm
$13

dancingqueen

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:06 pm
delicious wrote:

Why is she a hero? Cleaning ladies work hard for their money. It’s a normal thing for salaries to go up over time to account for inflation.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:21 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
Why is she a hero? Cleaning ladies work hard for their money. It’s a normal thing for salaries to go up over time to account for inflation.

OP here.

Youre so right. Everyone only sees their side of the situation.

Should the political climate in the USA change and we'd all ch"v end up as cleaning women in Poland or anywhere else, wed want our bosses to feel we deserve a raise now and then too.

amother
Maroon

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:23 pm
$15 an hr five towns. I have her twice a week for three hrs each time

amother
Burgundy

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:43 pm
I pay mine 13.5 dollars in Israel, while I get 8 Sad
I know that's not what you're asking for, it just makes me upset.

amother
Scarlet

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:45 pm
I pay $20/hr for "Lucy" to clean my toilets, change my family's dirty sheets, mop my floors etc so that I don't have to. And it's still barely a living wage.

I try to get a good deal when I can with stuff like clothes and other material objects but not when it comes to human labor.

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:52 pm
I don't have a cleaning lady, but when I did the agency asked me to pay them $13 an hour. (It used to be $12 before minimum wage went up. ) I did have one that was pretty good back when I was paying $12, then in Jan (when min wage goes up) she asked for $15 and I told her I'm willing to go up to $13 as she's good, but not doing a $3 jump. She argued it's minimum wage, but I told her I'm not a business and that's it I can afford. (Min wage is $13 for small businesses, $15 for big business in NYC.)

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:54 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:
I pay $20/hr for "Lucy" to clean my toilets, change my family's dirty sheets, mop my floors etc so that I don't have to. And it's still barely a living wage.

I try to get a good deal when I can with stuff like clothes and other material objects but not when it comes to human labor.

In my opinion YOU'RE the hero!

amother
Papaya

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 1:59 pm
amother [ Scarlet ] wrote:

That's very kind of you, but no one is under any obligation to pay more than the minimum wage in their area. You're probably not aware of how many of your goods and services are provided by people making less than $20 an hour.

Kiwi13

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:18 pm
Of course no one is obligated to pay more than the minimum, or the going rate, but some of the previous posters implied it would be good to band together to try to stop rates from going up. That's not such a nice thing to do. I get it why it happens, and if someone isn't able to afford a higher rate, of course they're under no obligation to keep employing someone once their rates go too high.

But the thing is, premium help typically comes at a premium price.

And I personally commend Scarlet Amother's outlook that it's better to save on things like clothes than services from people. I bet it serves everyone well.

amother
Teal

Post Wed, Nov 27 2019, 2:44 pm
The law is $13 per hour if u have less than 10 employees, which is this category. If ur paying less than that, ummm u r on a public forum, u know.....
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries