Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Fish
Salmon Steaks for Shabbos

sarahd

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 4:16 pm
Can anyone give me a good recipe for salmon steaks, not fillet, that I can make for this Shabbos? Preferably something that I can keep warm on the plata. All the recipes in this section seem to be for fillets.

Raisin

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 5:55 pm
I see no reason why you can't use the same recipe for steak as for fillet. I always do.

Clarissa

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 6:23 pm
How hot does the fish stay on this thing, and how long does it stay there? Bacteria is a major issue, with fish and meat kept at warm (but not hot) temperatures.

Unless I'm wrong about what this warming thing is?

cip

Post Wed, Nov 21 2007, 8:50 pm
try the salmon steaks recipe in purple cookbook with bay leaves

loveit

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 7:51 am
equal parts soy sauce and honey is really good. It doesn't matter if the recipe is for steaks or fillets, the salmon still tastes the same, it's just cut differently.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 11:58 am
make them the same way ...

I put soy sauce & garlic

sarahd

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 3:49 pm
Clarissa wrote:
How hot does the fish stay on this thing, and how long does it stay there? Bacteria is a major issue, with fish and meat kept at warm (but not hot) temperatures.

Unless I'm wrong about what this warming thing is?

It's hot enough to make my cholent boil if it's standing on the right spot. Of course, though, I don't want my fish cooking away for two hours till it gets eaten, especially since it's going onto the plata already cooked. Hmm... maybe I'll make a cold fish recipe instead.

greenfire

Post Thu, Nov 22 2007, 3:51 pm
btw - the salmon I make is broiled and we eat it hot or cold ...

grin

Post Sat, Dec 08 2007, 4:53 pm
I used to bake my fish, but my oven is on the blink. Then I started frying Nile Perch with onions and lemon juice - tasted delicious.
This Friday, there was salmon for cheap in the makolet, so I bought a lot. Then I was in a quandary how to cook it, since it was too much to fit in the frying pan.
I decided to experiment and cooked it all together in a sauce of lemon juice, oil, chopped onions, salt and marjoram in the microwave - it was so delicious that it was all eaten up - and that's making history for fish in this house!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics