Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Add lace front cost??

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:14 am
I purchased a new wig on sale with the intention to add a lace front. I'm doing my research before I decide where I'll do it. I want to know what is a normal proce. iv gotten prices $100 apart of others.

amother
Coffee

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:18 am
I'm sure this varies a lot by location. I would sooner go to someone I've used in the past and trust vs trying to save $100 and take a risk with someone new to me.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:46 am
In Monsey its about $150

Last edited by amother on Wed, Apr 28 2021, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 11:48 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I purchased a new wig on sale with the intention to add a lace front. I'm doing my research before I decide where I'll do it. I want to know what is a normal proce. iv gotten prices $100 apart of others.

Im getting a new wig too and wanted to add lace top it comes out another 400 and shes considered a cheap sheitelmacher already.
So need to save up for this now. I want a lace front as well so I will have to c what to get first.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:36 pm
nchr wrote:
In Monsey its about $150

what?? most places range between 350-560
who charges this amount?

amother
Emerald

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:41 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
what?? most places range between 350-560
who charges this amount?

I live in monsey and im using a newer sheitelmacher , she said if I'd like to add lace front/lacetop its a 400 range. Im discovering that I need to ask around how much they do charge maybe she is overcharging? Please let me know .

tigerwife

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 12:50 pm
I’ve been quoted $400 for a lace front and $600 for a “deep lace” in Lakewood.

just me!!

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 1:22 pm
Here in Israel it's between 1000 and 2000 shekels.....

livinginisrael

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 2:24 pm
350 just got this added to my sary

asmileaday

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 2:54 pm
nchr wrote:
In Monsey its about $150

Where are you taking this number from??? You're probably referring to filling in a lace that's already there or finishing off a lace top that's already there.
Adding a lace front to a wig that doesn't have one is at least $350-400. Deep laces are even more.

Op you need to be aware going in of the commitment that's involved with a lace.
It's very delicate, it stretches, it can tear, you need to periodically add money to fill it in because the hair thins out with use. You can't dump your wig on the dresser when you take it off. You really have to baby it.
When you put it on you need to spend an extra few mintues making sure it's laying right and in the correct location.
If your wig is dark the knots can sometimes show. Bleaching it doesn't always help and bleaching weakens the lace.
Nobody guarantees a lace. So all repair costs will be on you.
If you're up for it and can afford it it can be beautiful.
If not, stay away. A wig with a bad lace is 10x worse than a gorgeous wig with no lace.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 3:28 pm
asmileaday wrote:
Where are you taking this number from??? You're probably referring to filling in a lace that's already there or finishing off a lace top that's already there.
Adding a lace front to a wig that doesn't have one is at least $350-400. Deep laces are even more.

Op you need to be aware going in of the commitment that's involved with a lace.
It's very delicate, it stretches, it can tear, you need to periodically add money to fill it in because the hair thins out with use. You can't dump your wig on the dresser when you take it off. You really have to baby it.
When you put it on you need to spend an extra few mintues making sure it's laying right and in the correct location.
If your wig is dark the knots can sometimes show. Bleaching it doesn't always help and bleaching weakens the lace.
Nobody guarantees a lace. So all repair costs will be on you.
If you're up for it and can afford it it can be beautiful.
If not, stay away. A wig with a bad lace is 10x worse than a gorgeous wig with no lace.

That's what I paid to add a new lace front to 3 shaitels to a woman in Hempstead recommended by the shaitel macher. Maybe they have an agreement between themselves?

Last edited by amother on Wed, Apr 28 2021, 7:32 am; edited 1 time in total

asmileaday

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 4:00 pm
nchr wrote:
That's what I paid to add a new lace front to 3 shaitels to a woman in Hempstead recommended by the shaitel macher. Maybe they have an agreement between themselves?

Do you mind pm'ing me the name and number that is an incredible price.

amother
Coral

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 6:49 pm
Clarification: Someone called the place where I had it done and the price is no longer $150.

Last edited by amother on Wed, Apr 28 2021, 7:31 am; edited 1 time in total

gingy

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:35 pm
I sent mine to someone in Monsey who came highly recommended by my shaitel macher (I live in Los Angeles) and it cost me about $400

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 09 2019, 7:57 am
asmileaday wrote:
Do you mind pm'ing me the name and number that is an incredible price.
me too please
thanns5
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels