Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Buying new appliances pls help

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:07 pm
If you recently bought new appliances- fridge, stove, dishwasher, convection oven. What features should I look out for?
What company/ model did you go with and are you happy with it.

If anyone specifically got fridgidaire would love to here more about it since thats what the sales representative was recommending.

Thanks in advance for your help Very Happy

amother
Plum

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:10 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
If you recently bought new appliances- fridge, stove, dishwasher, convection oven. What features should I look out for?
What company/ model did you go with and are you happy with it.

If anyone specifically got fridgidaire would love to here more about it since thats what the sales representative was recommending.

Thanks in advance for your help Very Happy

THere are so many options that your best bet would be to call a store you sepcifically trust and go with whatever they recommend.

Teomima

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:22 pm
I got a new fridge recently. I'd say first decide on what features you want (freezer top or bottom, side by side, 2/3/4 doors, etc.) then see which brands offer that. Some brands are better or worse with certain designs. Then of course look up reviews online for EVERYTHING you're considering. Take it all with a grain of salt, no one will be 100% satisfied, but say for the fridge look up the Frigidaire versions that have the features you want and if the reviews are good, then go for it.

amother
Bronze

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:31 pm
I have a Frigidaire gallery dishwasher and microwave. Both have been good purchases BH. There is really no substitute for looking at everything closely in the showroom, and then looking up reviews for the particular model that you like.

Amarante

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:39 pm
I just got new appliances.

I got a Bosch side opening wall oven. This enables me to stand directly in front of the oven instead of leaning over from the side. I had it installed at the perfect height and I really appreciate the ergonomic functionality.

If I had room I would have also installed a comb-steam oven which gives you the ability to cook with steam if needed.

I got a Bosch dishwasher to replace my previous Bosch dishwasher. They are extremely reliable and so quiet

I got a Sharp microwave drawer for under the wall oven. I didn't have any other place for it as I have limited counter space and I wanted a real hood and not one of those over the range combination microwave/hood. I really like the microwave drawer.

The refrigerator was my hardest decision. I wanted a French door refrigerator and a counter depth refrigerator. I didn't want water through the door particularly. I selected a Kitchenaid model because it was slightly higher (72") and so it looked more built in as well as having a bit more storage. I am pleased with the configuration and it is supposed to be fairly reliable. It is identical to the slightly more expensive Jennair - Jennair is a sister company to Kitchenaid.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating