Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Is this pinworms? SUPER GROSS. :(

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 7:56 pm
My 4 year old was crying yesterday and today that his bottom was itching him terribly. I called my dr (Dr Shanik) and the woman at teh questin desk said to check him at night. I did so-a few times and I saw a few small white things but they didn't look like worms-just like tiny pieces and they didn't crawl.

I'm sorry, I know its gross!

So what now? Do I assume they're pinworms? I guess theyre pinworms because what else could they be but why didnt they crawl? Do pinworms have to crawl? The woman at the question desk said everyone should take vermox if I see pinworms. Even me-she said its fine that I'm breastfeeding. But google says its not okay to take when your breastfeeding. And my 14 month old-he shoudl be the only untreated one in the family?

HELP! Anyone can give me instrux?

flowerpower

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:09 pm
I would give that child pinworm meds and wash his linen well. Did that child take a bath with any of his siblings etc?

momof2+?

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:23 pm
Pinworms come out at night and go back inside when exposed to light. When he wakes at night from the itching, keep him in a dark room and use a sudden bright light (flashlight?) To check the area. I have only found on my daughter and saw real, half-inch long, white wiggling strings. I didnt see it in her back area thiugh, only the front. Is it possible that he isn't wiping well and is irritated? it is possible that the white stuff you are seeing is remnants of tissues.
I only treated my daughter. Nobody else was complaining at the time and bH nobody else caught it.

amother
Pewter

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:28 pm
It’s really gross but hard to miss. Pinworms should be checked at night with a flashlight and they are tiny white worms that wiggle around. Check for a full minute it’s hard to miss.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:55 pm
The baby took a bath with him. What now?

Does the entire family need to be treated or not?

momof2+?

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:02 pm
My kids bathe together all the time. My daughter has had pinworms twice in her life and my sons have never caught it. I treat her and wash her linen and clothes and heat dry in the dryer. I didnt treat the rest of the family. It is a good precaution, but it might be unnecessary.

amother
Jetblack

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:06 pm
You should treat the whole family except children under 2. The meds are not dangerous. Wash all linen and towels and other laundry in hot water and take the meds again in 10 days to 2 weeks. Change underwear every night and every morning. If you can, wash him off every morning. Most important thing to prevent reinfection is washing hands very well, especially after the bathroom and before eating.

amother
Blonde

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 9:31 pm
One of my kids has gotten it 3 times... The second time one other child (that bathed with her) got it. The first time we treated everyone besides the youngest the second time the youngest had it too so we treated him. The 3rd time we just treated the child that had it she hadn't bathed with anyone recently and it was no easy feat getting everyone to take the meds (I didn't want to take it again, nevermind the kids!) so we just chanced it and BH no one else got it. It's gross and is a pain but they take the meds once and it's over washed all sheets and clothing worn recently etc on hot.
Good luck!!

nchr

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 4:01 am
My kids had pinworms once. I could not find any by checking, but saw them in the toilet bowl after their BM. Your doctor can give you a tape test or you can just choose to treat.

amother
Chartreuse

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 4:43 am
When you check, you should push open his opening and wait a few seconds. If they're crawling, you might see in a few minutes.

Those white thingys doesn't have to be pinworms. I've seen it... you can get test sticks at pediatrician that you swipe and they check if eggs are prevalent.

FranticFrummie

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 10:24 am
Whenever DD got them, I always treated myself and the dog, too. Dogs can take Vermox with no problem, and they can carry pinworm eggs in from the dirt outside. Cats can use Vermox as well.

On top of that, clean the heck out of all your linens, and vacuum any carpets and upholstery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries