Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How to check if someone has court records, or cases?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 7:04 pm
I searched someone’s name online and it came up on one of those sites with basic info that looks like they either had an arrest record, or were involved in court cases.

What is a legitimate source to check it?

amother
Burgundy

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 7:15 pm
The state and local court system should have websites that you can search by the name of the party. For NY, you can search here: https://iapps.courts.state.ny......sMain

Just because one of those generic sites told you the person may have an arrest record doesn't mean they do. I think they do that to get you to pay for a records search, which may not turn up anything noteworthy in the end.

amother
Oak

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:01 pm
Department of corrections website

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:19 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I searched someone’s name online and it came up on one of those sites with basic info that looks like they either had an arrest record, or were involved in court cases.

Btw, "click here to see arrest records" or whatever it is you saw is the template for these websites. It doesn't mean the person actually has any. It's just clickbait to get you to subscribe or pay for a report. They'll show the same template for anyone that's searched. Don't think suspiciously of this person you googled now and assume they were arrested just from the person search website you saw.

amother
Amethyst

Post Thu, Nov 28 2019, 8:22 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

Was it one of those sites that sell back ground info for a low price? That's the marketing tactic they use to try to get people to pay for a search. They make the results read like there's a probability of either financial issues or illegal activity & then hook you into paying for the search.

Googling a name will not get you much. These sites are optimized so they come up on the first pages of google and those are the ones you click on. You need to find legitimate sites and then search their database.

ETA - I see I cross-posted with Linen Smile

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 8:45 am
My life.com is phony it says I was arrested I never was
They don’t remove it from you’re record after you pay and complain

amother
Silver

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 8:48 am
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]I searched someone’s name online and it came up on one of those sites with basic info that looks like they either had an arrest record, or were involved in court cases.

What is a legitimate source to check it?[/quote
It’s phony
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics