Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries
MILL BASIN what can u tell me?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:51 am
Someone suggested we buy a house there. Anyone know what the frum community is like? Which streets have frum people and are near the shuls? Anyone know a real estate agent dealing with that neighborhood? Thanks! Shabbat Shalom.

amother
Blue

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 4:48 pm
There are so many different shuls to choose from, Ashkenazi, Sephardic, Temani, and they are mostly between Mill Ave and East 66th.

For food shopping, there's the Mill Basin Shuk, it has everything you need even though it's small.

Flatbush Park Jewish Center has a Shabbat youth program and a summer camp, the only school in the area is Mill Basin Yeshiva Academy.

There are lots of young couples with kids, there's a really good park where everyone goes on Shabbat.

Transportation is not the best, no trains, but there's the B100 to get to Kings Highway, if you drive then you are fine.

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 9:46 am
It's a mixed area frumkeit-wise. Plenty of people send to BYs, and there are also more modern and traditional contingencies. It's a very spread out area; while there are blocks with a number of families, I'd say that overall most of the blocks have at least one frum family and plenty within walking distance. Your budget will dictate where in the area you can buy, because there are homes in the millions and homes in the high 500s and they're on distinctly different streets. If your budget is on the lower end, then a good place to look is from Mill to E. 67th, between Ave u and Veterans Ave. If you can't afford those homes, there have been a few people to cross Mill into the 50s, specifically between L & M, near Beit Hillel.

Talk of the Town RE deals with a lot of homes in the area, as well as Bergen Basin realty.

Feel free to pm me about any specifics.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> New York related Inquiries