Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
DD age 12 sudden anxiety...HELP!!!

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 3:48 pm
I know there are a lot of smart Imas on here who have advised other posters about similar things before, but I don't know where to start!
DD was a perfectly healthy, normal child until approximately one year ago she came down with a week long stomach ailment. But it was not acting like a normal stomach virus. After a couple of days of vomiting and diarrhea, she would be completely fine during the day, acting like her normal self, but then have a vomit at night. That went on for about another 5 or 6 days. In the aftermath of this stomach problem, DD developed sudden anxiety out of nowhere. She started to become anxious and fearful of things during the day but it especially increases at night when it is time for her to go to sleep. She has been suffering now for almost a year and I need to take a more holistic, natural, or integrative approach to figure out what is going on with her, because conventional gastroenterologist didnt help.
I want to know doctors to take her to, tests that can be run, treatments to try... throw it all at me because I need to help her!

amother
Seagreen

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 5:22 pm
Sounds like pandas

thunderstorm

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 5:28 pm
I was going to say it sounds like Pandas but I’d check for Lyme Disease as well .

amother
Powderblue

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 6:33 pm
Stomach bug can really be strep. Check titers

amother
Coral

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 6:35 pm
classic pandas. the stomach symptoms were probably strep. please take her to a pandas literate doctor.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 5:43 am
Bump

Please tell me which doctor to go to.
Which tests to run.
I am lost and feeling like the worst mother for letting things go this long.
She is in CBT but I feel we are missing the root cause of what is wrong!!!

anonymrs

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 7:37 am
Where are you located?

amother
Plum

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 9:05 am
If youre in the NY area , dr susan schulman is supposed to be the best . my child was bh helped through her

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 4:51 pm
I'm in NY

So a doctor can test for PANDAS? How is it treated? Can it be cured?

Is there anything else it could be? Any other tests to run? Once I'm taking day(s) off work and keeping DD out of school I need to be sure we are testing every possibility

tweety1

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 5:54 pm
Pandas is very curable!! 100% curable.

anonymrs

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 7:14 pm
OP, can you pm me? I may be able to help.

amother
Jade

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 10:18 pm
Definitely check out Pandas. Perhaps your regular pediatrician can have blood test run to check for strep and Lyme and then treat w antibiotics. That should make the pandas disappear. Good luck!!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics