Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Monsey Bnos Leah/prospect park vs BYCC girls school
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 9:31 am
In what ways are these two similar and in what way are they different? Looking into both for my daughter.

naturalmom5

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 1:34 pm
Why don't you first see if you even have a chance to get in to BYCC

nchr

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:05 pm
Bnos Leah is chassidish and classes are taught in Yiddish. BYCC is not chassidish or heimish or anything of the sort. If BYCC is for you and you can afford it, make sure they know you can donate to the school because that makes you an almost shoo in.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:17 pm
Bnos Leah is quite chassidish. Chofetz chaim doesn't accept chasidim anymore.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:32 pm
amother [ Pink ] wrote:
Bnos Leah is quite chassidish. Chofetz chaim doesn't accept chasidim anymore.

Bnos Leah prospect park is Chassidish?? So confused!

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:36 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Bnos Leah prospect park is Chassidish?? So confused!
So am I. I thought Bnos Leah was a bit more to the right of YSV...Yiddish? That’s the first time I’m hearing this.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:44 pm
I don't know if Bnos Leah was meant to be chassidish, but so many chassidim send there that it became pretty chassidish by now.

amother
Plum

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:51 pm
I send to bycc. BH my daughter is very happy. I don't know much about prospect Park but everyone I know who goes there is not chassidish

cnc

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 2:56 pm
nchr wrote:
Bnos Leah is chassidish and classes are taught in Yiddish. BYCC is not chassidish or heimish or anything of the sort. If BYCC is for you and you can afford it, make sure they know you can donate to the school because that makes you an almost shoo in.

Are you confusing this with another school?
They definitely do not teach in Yiddish.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 3:00 pm
Is there another Bnos Leah in Monsey, besides for Bnos Leah of Prospect Park Yeshiva? I wonder if people are confusing 2 different schools.

thunderstorm

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 3:08 pm
ra_mom wrote:
Is there another Bnos Leah in Monsey, besides for Bnos Leah of Prospect Park Yeshiva? I wonder if people are confusing 2 different schools.

Bnos Leah of Prospect Park Yeshiva opened a branch in Monsey a few years ago. That’s the school I think we are all talking about. I was planning on sending my daughter there. But, not if it’s a chasidish school. It’s the first time I’m hearing about this. I’ve heard that they accept families who are chasidish/heimish and wear shtreimels but my understanding was, that it was the minority.

ra_mom

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 3:10 pm
thunderstorm wrote:
Bnos Leah of Prospect Park Yeshiva opened a branch in Monsey a few years ago. That’s the school I think we are all talking about. I was planning on sending my daughter there. But, not if it’s a chasidish school. It’s the first time I’m hearing about this. I’ve heard that they accept families who are chasidish/heimish and wear shtreimels but my understanding was, that it was the minority.

I know.

amother
Pink

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 3:13 pm
They don't teach in Yiddish but they have a large chassidish parent body.

nchr

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 3:43 pm
Ok I may be confusing it with a different school Bais Yaakov of Prospect Park or something like that where most mothers do not even drive... Sorry.

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 7:42 pm
Bnos Leah of Prospect Park YEshiva “BLOPPY” is a decades old school in Brooklyn which opened a branch in Monsey about two or threes years ago. I believe They are up to second grade this year. They’re pretty mainstream, to the likes of YSV. I know a few people who are very happy there. They may have some streimels but that’s not their main clientele. There may be a real chassidish school in monsey with the name Bnos Leah that people are confusing with BLOPPY

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 7:47 pm
Can We get back on track? What are the differences? How are they similar?

amother
Papaya

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 8:05 pm
BYCC is more to the right, more yeshivish, more close minded. Prospect is more mainstream middle of the road.

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 8:32 pm
amother [ Papaya ] wrote:
BYCC is more to the right, more yeshivish, more close minded. Prospect is more mainstream middle of the road.

Thank you.
Can you explain with examples. What does yeshivish look like, what does middle of the road look like.

libadmin

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 10:24 pm
My daughter goes to Bais Ya’akov Chofetz chaim and I went there so I think I can speak about the school. Very academic both secular and Hebrew. Yeshivish parent body in that you need to fill out a form about internet use in your house, no TV. Parent body are working, educated and learning types. It is a more pressured environment to do well but there is support for girls who need help. I find it to be warm and that my daughter gets the attention I want her to have by being in a small class of 13.
They do have some form of tuition assistance but I have heard it’s not the easiest to obtain but I have never been pressured to give more than the full tuition I pay which is around 1k a month. My daughter is a type A kind of kid but not all kids in the class are. Hope this helps. If your looking for a more laid back middle of the row hashkafa I believe prospect is more what you are looking for but find out more.

amother
Plum

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 10:38 pm
libadmin wrote:
My daughter goes to Bais Ya’akov Chofetz chaim and I went there so I think I can speak about the school. Very academic both secular and Hebrew. Yeshivish parent body in that you need to fill out a form about internet use in your house, no TV. Parent body are working, educated and learning types. It is a more pressured environment to do well but there is support for girls who need help. I find it to be warm and that my daughter gets the attention I want her to have by being in a small class of 13.
They do have some form of tuition assistance but I have heard it’s not the easiest to obtain but I have never been pressured to give more than the full tuition I pay which is around 1k a month. My daughter is a type A kind of kid but not all kids in the class are. Hope this helps. If your looking for a more laid back middle of the row hashkafa I believe prospect is more what you are looking for but find out more.

My daughter goes as well and I also went there. I find the parent body very frum working crowd but not yeshivish really. Every grade is different, some are smaller than others. My daughter has 20 in her class and so does the parallel class.
I know some families who send to prospect they are more to the left than the BYCC families. Closer to Aterea type.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics