Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Granddaughter with sensory issues

amother
OP

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 7:51 pm
My almost 5 yo granddaughter seems to have developed sensory issues in the last year. She finds most of her clothing uncomfortable unless it is 2 sizes too big for her. She refuses to wear tights bc they're constricting, even when they're very large. My daughter can't allow her outside in this cold without tights, but everything is a battle. I have bought various leggings and tights from different stores, hoping to find something she'll find comfortable. Does anyone have suggestions?

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 8:00 pm
A child doesn't just develop sensory issues at 4. Something may have happened. Check her for pans/pandas.
Is there anything else going on?
My 6 yo regressed in sensory and other things we have had issues with in the past. Then other symptoms started... ner bloodwork came back for PANS. the ped and SW told me to have her evaluated for autism. Lol. Even with a pans diagnosis. 4 weeks of abx and a lot of her symptoms are gone. But not all.
It's a journey.

amother
Bisque

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 8:45 pm
amother [ Wine ] wrote:
A child doesn't just develop sensory issues at 4. Something may have happened. Check her for pans/pandas.
Is there anything else going on?
My 6 yo regressed in sensory and other things we have had issues with in the past. Then other symptoms started... ner bloodwork came back for PANS. the ped and SW told me to have her evaluated for autism. Lol. Even with a pans diagnosis. 4 weeks of abx and a lot of her symptoms are gone. But not all.
It's a journey.

My daughter developed sensory issues when she was a few months past her fourth birthday, so it's definitely possible. OP- try to get an OT eval. A good OT helps a lot.

amother
Wine

Post Sat, Nov 30 2019, 10:48 pm
amother [ Bisque ] wrote:
My daughter developed sensory issues when she was a few months past her fourth birthday, so it's definitely possible. OP- try to get an OT eval. A good OT helps a lot.

It's just a symptom of something else deeper going on.

amother
Cobalt

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 3:59 am
We've done well with Target leggings. The important thing with leggings is that you can wear them inside out, so the seams are on the outside. Do solids- patterns can be itchy. Also, with tights, the heavy cotton is better than the thin which are more itchy and squeezy. If you do solid, you can also do them inside out, but leggings are better.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers