Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
ISO Short Historical Fiction

amother
OP

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 10:22 am
I'm looking for short stories of historical fiction. Can anyone recommend specific titles, authors, or books?

The frum magazines sometimes print such stories, but I have no idea how I would go about finding them now, unless they've been published in anthologies or someone has some collected in a binder and would like to share it with me.

Any suggestions?

amother
Tan

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 11:33 am
I googled it and a bunch of books came up -- perhaps thats a starting point to see what interests you as well as checking reviews etc

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:16 pm
Not all historical fiction, but Caravan by EG Schwartz.

freilich

Post Fri, Nov 29 2019, 12:28 pm
Yehudis Litvak writes historical fiction. Mostly for hamodia. You can contact them.

Shoshie

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 1:55 am
Depending on how short you want and who you want the audience to be, consider Morning Girl by Michael Dorris. The book is a well-written children's book of about 75 (larger print) pages depicting a native family on a Bahamian Island in 1492. It won an award for best children/young adult historical fiction in 1993, as well as receiving multiple other commendations.

amother
Mistyrose

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 6:08 am
There's a frum historian in Baltimore, Rabbi Dovid Katz, who wrote an anthology of historical fiction. Possibly more than one. I saw it a relative's house and couldn't find it on Amazon, etc. I'd love to read the rest of it and more of his work.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 7:11 am
what time period specifically are you looking for

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 5:18 pm
amother [ Tangerine ] wrote:
what time period specifically are you looking for

It doesn't matter which era. I'll be teaching the genre in general, so any time period works as long as the story itself is short enough to cover in a single period (45 minutes).

I'm looking into the suggestions so far. Thank you, and please keep them coming.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room