Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Why do people feel the need to go out Motzei Shabbat?
Previous  1  2

Jewishmom8

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 3:51 am
I actually don't like going out M S
It is my night to actually get stuff done in the house.
I am super busy all week and I love getting so much done.

amother
Tan

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 4:08 am
I don’t go out because-

I have no where to go
No grandparents alive and I hate crowded, noisy places

I started to dislike going out anywhere at night, especially in the cold...
I don’t like going out in the dark and cold to pta, weddings, Mikva ... I go if I have to obviously but if I don’t have to I would so rather stay home

I’m usually out most of the day on Sunday doing errands, driving my kids around.... I am very happy to just stay in if I can on motzei shabbos

My 6 year old son has school on Sunday. If we go out on motzei shabbos he will likely be tired on Sunday.

My 12 year old daughter recently discovered that people run out after havdallah. She was begging me to take her o-u-t. I explain that if I HAVE to go somewhere then I’ll go but since there’s no need I just don’t want to. I told her I don’t mind driving her somewhere if she has plans but I’m not going to be the one who will make the plans.
Since I like staying home a lot, I made it fun for my kids.. cooking something good, projects, I gave them computer time and we all hung out together...

The thought of running to the mall.. eeeww... so happy I have a nice cozy house with nice people and delicious food!

DrMom

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 4:55 am
Some people like to go out because:

1. No work/school the next day (at least outside of Israel), so it is a good opportunity

2. They may have napped and are now so well-rested they have extra energy and/or are not likely to go to sleep at a normal time

3. They don't want to let go of the relaxed ease of Shabbat and enter the real world too soon.

amother
Amethyst

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 6:34 am
I’d love to go out but almost never do. I need to be up early for work on Sunday. I wish I could have more of a social life then.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 7:29 am
don't relate
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics