Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
NJ orthodontist good for pre-orthodontics

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 10:45 pm
My 9 year old is complaining about his teeth. His mouth is very overcrowded and his lower teeth hurt his upper gum when he bites down.
Who would be a good orthodontist to go to?

In Bp we were recommended to go to Dr. Eisenberger but we just moved and didn't go before we moved.

Anyone near Lakewood that's similar?

amother
Powderblue

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:00 pm
Dr krug

amother
OP

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:16 pm
Thank you.
Is there anyone else good with an office a little bit out of Lakewood so I don't need to go through all that traffic?

amother
Forestgreen

Post Sun, Oct 06 2019, 11:33 pm
Dr. Kornmehl in Howell (near shoprite)

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:02 am
amother [ Forestgreen ] wrote:
Dr. Kornmehl in Howell (near shoprite)

Dr kornmehl is considered tops. But he also charges tops.
I used him for my son who at 9 really needed pallet extender. He did a great job. But for braces he really costs much more so I’m checking out my other options. He also does braces younger then other offices - has his own method.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 9:37 am
Any other opinions?
Are either ones mentioned hard to get a consultation with?

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 10:54 am
Dr krug had a very very long wait for a consult but I feel that it is worth the wait. I have 2 kids using him now and he is very good and patient and we are seeing nice results. The office will work with you to make a payment plan and it’s kid friendly too.
Although getting braces is usually for cosmetic purposes my kids had such a severe case that could have caused many other problems if not taken care of. They were able to work with the insurance and our insurance is actually paying.
Not sure where you live but dr krug is on route 9.
I see ads for dr safer- also a frum orthodontist in Jackson. It seems that people are happy with him too.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:07 am
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
Dr krug had a very very long wait for a consult but I feel that it is worth the wait. I have 2 kids using him now and he is very good and patient and we are seeing nice results. The office will work with you to make a payment plan and it’s kid friendly too.
Although getting braces is usually for cosmetic purposes my kids had such a severe case that could have caused many other problems if not taken care of. They were able to work with the insurance and our insurance is actually paying.
Not sure where you live but dr krug is on route 9.
I see ads for dr safer- also a frum orthodontist in Jackson. It seems that people are happy with him too.

I live at the beginning of Toms River. I've heard there's always bad traffic on the 9 I was hoping I can maybe find someone good that's not near the 9. So far for both names mentioned I will need to use the 9.
Obviously traffic isn't a reason to choose an orthodontist but I will have 2 more kids needing braces which means many many appointments...

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 11:11 am
There is someone new in town with good rep. Dr Friedman from Philadelphia. Also on 9.

I got recommendations from dentists and speech therapists because they see a lot of work. I got some strong opinions.

amother
Powderblue

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:11 pm
There’s a place about 20 minutes out of Lakewood called tender smiles. If you’re okay with a short highway drive maybe this place will work for you.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:36 pm
amother [ Powderblue ] wrote:
There’s a place about 20 minutes out of Lakewood called tender smiles. If you’re okay with a short highway drive maybe this place will work for you.

Is it an orthodontic place? A Google search shows it to be pediatric dentistry.

Dr. Safer is closer to me and avoids the 9. Has anyone used him and was happy? If he's good then I'd rather go to him. I don't only need pre orthodontics, my other 2 kids are older and need regular braces as well.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:37 pm
amother [ Dodgerblue ] wrote:
There is someone new in town with good rep. Dr Friedman from Philadelphia. Also on 9.

I got recommendations from dentists and speech therapists because they see a lot of work. I got some strong opinions.

Do you mind sharing your strong opinions? I really want to be informed.
Somebody IRL actually mentioned to me Dr. Friedman but they work there so I'd rather hear a patient opinion.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Is it an orthodontic place? A Google search shows it to be pediatric dentistry.

Dr. Safer is closer to me and avoids the 9. Has anyone used him and was happy? If he's good then I'd rather go to him. I don't only need pre orthodontics, my other 2 kids are older and need regular braces as well.

I used Dr Krug for my girls and was happy. But I was recently shmoozing with a friend, and she mentioned that Dr. Safer is good.

She has several kids who've had braces and she told me she didn't use the same orthodontist for each of her kids, because they had different issues that necessitated the braces.

For one child she uses Dr. Kornmehl because the issues were very severe and they were literally looking to avoid jaw surgery (which they did B"H) and went with the top. For other children she has used Dr. Krug with good results. And she has one child who is doing invisalign with a new dentist called Modmouth (I've seen them advertised) and she's very happy so far (she said the patent for invisalign is up and this guy is doing it for MUCH cheaper $$), and she mentioned another friend who is happy there as well. In the course of conversation, she also mentioned that Dr Safer is also good.

Hope this info helps.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:50 pm
Dr kornmehl is considered tops. But he also charges tops.
I used him for my son who at 9 really needed pallet extender. He did a great job. But for braces he really costs much more so I’m checking out my other options. He also does braces younger then other offices - has his own method.

I used Dr Krug for DD who needed a palette expander and braces, and was very satisfied with the results. Her dentist (Dr. Jay Felsenstein) has commented more than once about what a nice job he did. Her teeth were literally overlapping, she has a tiny mouth/jaw, and B"H all straightened out really nicely.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:51 pm
Chayalle wrote:
I used Dr Krug for my girls and was happy. But I was recently shmoozing with a friend, and she mentioned that Dr. Safer is good.

She has several kids who've had braces and she told me she didn't use the same orthodontist for each of her kids, because they had different issues that necessitated the braces.

For one child she uses Dr. Kornmehl because the issues were very severe and they were literally looking to avoid jaw surgery (which they did B"H) and went with the top. For other children she has used Dr. Krug with good results. And she has one child who is doing invisalign with a new dentist called Modmouth (I've seen them advertised) and she's very happy so far (she said the patent for invisalign is up and this guy is doing it for MUCH cheaper $$), and she mentioned another friend who is happy there as well. In the course of conversation, she also mentioned that Dr Safer is also good.

Hope this info helps.

Yes thank you! My husband wants to do invisalign for himself as well so thank you for that bit of info. (The dollar signs are jumping in front of my eyes LOL , gotta do what you gotta do...)

Chayalle

Post Mon, Oct 07 2019, 12:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Yes thank you! My husband wants to do invisalign for himself as well so thank you for that bit of info. (The dollar signs are jumping in front of my eyes LOL , gotta do what you gotta do...)

I sometimes think of doing it myself! I have an overbite but never had braces.

amother
OP

Post Thu, Oct 24 2019, 10:58 am

Dodgerblue I'm coming back to this because I still didn't hear from you about your strong opinions. Would you please share it? I want to make a final decision.
Thanks!

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 12:00 pm
Hi all. Still waiting to hear from Dodgerblue about your opinions.

Aside from that we went to Modmouth for my husband but his specific issue can not be corrected with modmouth, only invisalign (the design it's slightly different).
They were very honest, I'd definitely use them for a lesser issue.

I got an appointment with Dr. Krug but as others have said it's a long wait so we didn't go yet.

Has anyone here used Dr. Friedman? If I can get a quicker apt there and he's just as good I may consider. Does anyone know if he does invisalign too?

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 12:10 pm
I’m extremely happy with Dr Schwitz

He’s in Howell right near target.

My DD had a palette expander, and now braces. Her teeth look amazing.

He told me my DS (12) does not need braces now, his teeth are growing in straight, if he needs as an older teen we will go back.

Appointments are always available and always on time, the staff is incredibly nice and thorough.

amother
Coffee

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 12:15 pm
Do any of these orthodontist take amerigroup?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries