Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Lean ground beef?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 3:22 pm
In the secular world, ground beef is labeled by "lean-ness" and the percentage of fat is listed. In the kosher world, no such labeling seems to exist. So, which ground beef is more lean? Are some brands or types more lean than others? Please help! TIA:)

SuperWify

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 3:23 pm
I’m not sure what your taking about I buy extra lean ground beef.

ra_mom

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 3:24 pm
Each butcher shop measures lean differently. But they all sell lean meat and extra lean meat. Try em out and see what you like.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 3:34 pm
Thanks. I was just diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes, so I suddenly have to care how lean the meat is. My husband does the meat shopping, so I actually don't know that much about it, lol - he usually goes to KRM, Gourmet Glatt, or Goldberg, as he is always trying to get the best price. He's used to paying $3.99-$4.99 per pound ... I foresee that we are going to have a battle about the price of meat:/ He tells me that ground beef it is usually labeled by what type (neck & skirt, shoulder steak, chuck, etc.) and not labelled by leanness. Having just looked at Gourmet Glatt online, I can confirm - the only thing labeled "lean" is veal.

amother
Goldenrod

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 3:41 pm
I would recommend cooking all meatballs.... the night before so the fat can rise and you can skim it off.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking