Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Soup
ISO good bean soup recipe.

happy12

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 4:43 pm
I bought Jack Rabbit bean soup mix. It has northern beans, lima beans, navy beans, 3 kinds of split pea,and other beans. I would like to cook it in a crockpot with beef stew.
Any recipe ideas?

Rutabaga

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 4:51 pm
You can try it with the avicas recipe I posted here:

https://www.imamother.com/foru.....04082

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Dec 01 2019, 9:09 pm
If you didn't grow up eating kosher, does anyone remember Campbell's bean with bacon soup, or beans and hot dogs soups? Sooo treif, you even make it with milk so it's creamy and smooth.

I figured out a recipe to make for a "fake version". Take one can of beans in tomato sauce, one package of hot dogs, and a bunch of Baco-Bits. Heat up the beans with a can full of soy milk, and add the Bacos. Get a stick blender and mix everything until it is smooth. Dice the hot dogs and cook them in the bean soup. Adjust for salt. You may need to add a tablespoon of sugar to get that old fashioned flavor just right.

Keep stirring and cook on medium heat, because if you don't it will burn on the bottom and ruin everything (including the pot.) I found that out the hard way. embarrassed

Kids love this soup, and it freezes really well. You could make a huge batch and freeze portions for later use. You won't lose a bit of flavor or texture when you thaw it out.

happy12

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 4:06 pm
Thank you FF for your idea. I think I will spice it like I do cholesterol and add in sausage for flavor.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics