Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Computers, Phones and Devices
Do you prefer a slimmer phone or better battery life?

Do you prefer a slim phone or one with great battery life?
Slim phone  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Great battery life  
 70%  [ 33 ]
A happy medium  
 25%  [ 12 ]
Other  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 47

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 9:59 am
The manufacturers seem to be convinced that an ultra-slim phone is what everyone wants. I personally am not willing to sacrifice battery life for a slimmer phone. Since the battery is the one component that can't be reduced in size without also reducing the capacity, that is the trade off. I'd honestly prefer a phone the size of a brick with a battery that lasts all week.

srbmom

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 10:36 am
I feel like nowadays you can get both - why make that choice.
I have a samsung that lasts the entire day without charging and it's quite thin.
To answer the question, I actually don't like when the phone is too thin, I feel like I can't grasp it well. I have a case on mine for protection and it has rubber around the edges which helps it not slip from my hands.

groovy1224

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 10:40 am
A phone the size of a brick? No.

But I think phone's have gotten as slim as anyone would ever need them to be, so at this point in time I would not want a phone to be any slimmer than they make them now if it compromised the battery life.

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 10:42 am
I was exaggerating a bit, perhaps. The phone wouldn't need to be near the size of a brick in order to have vastly increased battery life.

DallasIma

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:52 am
I bought a phone a few months ago that has what I want: a storage capacity even bigger than my computer. With the SD card it gives me 1.5 TB of storage. (It's a Samsung Galaxy S10+.) All of my past phones ran out of space as I added apps, so I finally decided to splurge on this one and I really, really like it.

amother
Crimson

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 12:16 pm
I LOVE my Motorola phone.
The battery can last a few days!!!
Pretty slim as well.

amother
Orchid

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 12:25 pm
I have the iphone 11 pro max. Battery life is amazing! It's not the slimmest of phones, but it's not a brick either. I actually like my phones to be a bit thicker with some weight.

amother
Smokey

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 1:29 pm
My motorola lasts several days without being charged and is slim.

thanks

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 3:51 pm
I have a galaxy with the extended battery case. It makes the phone fatter, but I like to have the extra battery.

Now I need to figure out how to stop cracking the screen. I have the tempered glass screen protectors, but recently, I cracked 2 phones.

singleagain

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 3:55 pm
Those who said the battery lasts more than a day. How often do you use it? Any Bluetooth on? GPS? WiFi? Other battery suckers?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics