Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Travel to E"Y- Give me budget friendly tips for ariplane +

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 10:11 am
I will be zoche to travel with my husband to Eretz Yisroel in two months from now.
I am beyond grateful for this opportunity.
I am on a tight budget and want to know

What I need to know / take with me on airplane? [early pregnancy]

Which type of luggage? Luggage tips?

Best places to visit
{I'll be staying a bit in Ashdod and a bit in Yerushalayim]

thanks

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:50 am
Bump

Angel

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 12:04 pm
Make sure to take a light luggage(itluggage is best). If you are overweight in space rather buy another suitcase since it will be cheaper than paying overweight.
Is it your first time flying?
Will you have a car?

md951

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 1:12 pm
If you haven't already bought airfare, try looking through expedia and you can look at Eilat airport too and sometimes there are shockingly cheap deals and Expedia is really great at protecting from scams. I paid $400 round trip to Israel last time on Norwegian (found the flight on Expedia) and $600 round trip the time before on alitalia (also found on Expedia). Got scammed by a hotel in Israel that I booked through Expedia and Expedia refunded the money and gave a credit for a new hotel for free and double what that one had cost. They were available 24 hours a day to sort it out.

amother
Ecru

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 1:27 pm
I would recommend you purchase travel insurance-covers medical, dental, lost luggage etc..
You can purchase through a travel agent.
I would avoid purchasing online.
If you experience any kind of issues, you will want a travel agent to give you service.
Also, you may fall into a scam or be deceived by a dishonest seller.

Smile1234

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 1:51 pm
Make sure to drink a lot in the flight and walk around a lot as well. You want to avoid dehydration and blood clots.

amother
Hotpink

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 1:56 pm
buy compression socks form amazon

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:40 am
thanks so much!
Keep em coming
What are the compression stockings for

Also..kind of embarrassing but is there anything special for me to know if I'm quite overweight?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:37 pm
I second the question
what's the compression socks for?

Also what did you pack to take with you on the airplane

[not OP but also have these questions]

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:52 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks so much!
Keep em coming

Also..kind of embarrassing but is there anything special for me to know if I'm quite overweight?
I am five two and 230 pounds I just flew and didnt need a extension belt I never saw one put on a passenger I saw a very overweight woman and they just let her fly with no belt on
above youre seat the stewardess could see if you are wearing youre belt it is indicated by a light
an aisle seat I find it to be the seat witht the best room

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 7:53 pm
compression socks are very tight knee socks google it

amother
Tan

Post Tue, Jan 28 2020, 11:14 pm
Always have with you the big bottles of water so you don’t need to purchase a lot of small ones.

If you’ll need souvenirs, buy them now through amazon or other sites for a fraction of the price and you’ll save time too.

Only do things that are exclusive to EY. Don’t waste money on jeeping, segways, rapelling, snorkeling, boating
You can do all this in Texas, Arizona, Porta RICO.
sorry, this drives me nuts when people plan an itinerary to ey and you’d never know they are talking about Israel
Just walking the streets are the experience.

amother
Bisque

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 1:32 pm
I was there this summer. Do jeeping in the Judean desert because you get to see land, history & fun.

for the plane

pack in a knapsack food, reading material. NO WAter (they make you dump it at security). important docs/electronics. slippers, tichel so you can change on the plane. toothcare (make sure paste is mini)

in carryon. 1 change of clothing. NO BOTTLES. even toothpaste tube was too large and security made us dump it.

DrMom

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 1:58 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Always have with you the big bottles of water so you don’t need to purchase a lot of small ones.

If you’ll need souvenirs, buy them now through amazon or other sites for a fraction of the price and you’ll save time too.

Only do things that are exclusive to EY. Don’t waste money on jeeping, segways, rapelling, snorkeling, boating
You can do all this in Texas, Arizona, Porta RICO.

sorry, this drives me nuts when people plan an itinerary to ey and you’d never know they are talking about Israel
Just walking the streets are the experience.

You can't go jeeping in the Negev in Puerto Rico.
You can't go rapelling down the walls of the Old City in Texas.
You can't ride a Segway along the Tel Aviv seashore in Arizona.

These are ways to see E"Y and learn about the land while doing something fun. Not sure why you find that so objectionable.

amother
Olive

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 2:17 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
thanks so much!
Keep em coming

Look up the seat dimensions to make sure you will fit. Consider buying two seats for yourself if you will need more space.

Rappel

Post Sun, Feb 02 2020, 2:47 pm
Mazal Tov! How long will your trip be for?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics