Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
Serbia?

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 4:26 pm
We're scheduled to go to Hungary and I wanted to take a taxi to Serbia to visit my grandmother's hometown (now named Bela Crkva). Has anyone been to Serbia and can you advise of any important info I need to know? Will we need to drive back that day or can we sleep there?

Librarian

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 7:42 pm
Be prepared to include in your travelling time delays at the border crossing. And be very careful to follow all border crossing regulations or you will be sent to the back of the line again. Your driver should be able to give you all rules and regulations as well as the amount of time the distance should take. Obviously it will depend on where you are starting from in Hungary.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:15 am
Librarian wrote:
Be prepared to include in your travelling time delays at the border crossing. And be very careful to follow all border crossing regulations or you will be sent to the back of the line again. Your driver should be able to give you all rules and regulations as well as the amount of time the distance should take. Obviously it will depend on where you are starting from in Hungary.

Have you been there? I've heard is very dangerous but that's all from people who have never been there so am wondering..

Librarian

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:01 am
I have been to Hungary twice, most recently this past summer. The driver we used told us he often (about twice a week) drives people from Hungary across the borders. He had lots of stories about border crossings with passengers who did not follow the rules such as transporting illegal amounts of cigarettes. Nothing worse happened than going to the back of the line but if you consider the original 3 hour wait, that is a consequence worth bearing in mind. I have never heard of any safety issues, people seem to do it all the time especially back and forth to the Ukraine. But first hand, I can only say we feel very safe in Hungary.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics