Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
What do fashionable ladies wear in the snow?
Previous  1  2

amother
Babypink

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 7:41 pm
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Those are really nice. Does Montreal salt the roads or use sand?

Sidewalks are covered in a mix of salt & sand.

sky

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 7:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
basically what Im seeing is you need to get pricey boots for at least 200$ that are nice and also waterproof so they work for snow.
usually I spend around 50-70$ on boots from dsw sale section. 200 seems like an awful lot for me but maybe its time to invest.

one more question- can anyone recommend good uggs that are not uggs- meaning I dont want to spend 100s on real uggs but I also want real leather and shear-ling.
costco used to sell exactly this for 30$- really great quality real sheepskin fake uggs, but sadly I dont see them anymore. any other brands similar?

DSW carries the blondo brand

nicole81

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 7:49 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
basically what Im seeing is you need to get pricey boots for at least 200$ that are nice and also waterproof so they work for snow.
usually I spend around 50-70$ on boots from dsw sale section. 200 seems like an awful lot for me but maybe its time to invest.

one more question- can anyone recommend good uggs that are not uggs- meaning I dont want to spend 100s on real uggs but I also want real leather and shear-ling.
costco used to sell exactly this for 30$- really great quality real sheepskin fake uggs, but sadly I dont see them anymore. any other brands similar?

Bearpaw uses real leather/suede/sheepskin and some of their boots have shearling. Definitely not as great as Ugg, but they're decent and and have been around for almost 20 years.

Also, I have found good deals in the past on Australian Luxe Collective boots.

amother
Lilac

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:08 pm
DSW is 30% off if you purchase tonight.
That also have 25% off uggs and kookaburras.

Not my thing as my feet are big and ugly enough in fitted shoes.

amother
Turquoise

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 8:20 pm
https://www.dsw.com/en/us/prod.....ize=5

amother
Khaki

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 10:16 pm
I have three pairs of Blondos $100-$150 at Nordstrom. I don’t wear chunky boots. I like Taryn Rose waterproof shoes. I too wear rain boots with thick socks both by Ugg. Waterproof shoes last so much longer and are made better.

perquacky

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:41 am
Fashionable ladies carry their shoes in a tote bag and wear something like these when it snows.
https://www.ems.com/oboz-women.....art=3
I have something similar in all black. I bought them to be able to stand outside shul when it's my turn to do a security shift. With a pair of wool socks, there's nothing warmer.

dancingqueen

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:35 pm
I have Marc Jacobs booties that I guess are leather that I wear for light snow and precipitation. Uggs are not great in the snow btw.

provent

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:34 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:

I’ve spent $200+ on these kind of boots but they’ve lasted for a decade so it’s worth it for me.

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 3:12 pm
amother [ Seafoam ] wrote:
https://www.zappos.com/p/aravon-fairlee-waterproof-mid-boot-black/product/9101830/color/3?zlfid=191&ref=pd_detail_2_sims_vis

Wow. I've been looking to replace my old La Canadienne boots that I wore to the bone and are now discontinued.
Can you tell me if these are w as rm? And if they run narrow or wide?

amother
Burgundy

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 3:15 pm
I have designer rain boots which I wear in the snow and I keep them on all day...

amother
Seafoam

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:50 pm
amother [ Yellow ] wrote:
Wow. I've been looking to replace my old La Canadienne boots that I wore to the bone and are now discontinued.
Can you tell me if these are w as rm? And if they run narrow or wide?
no idea, I don't have these, just posted the link as I'm looking myself

amother
Olive

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 7:02 pm
Fashionable ladies rock whatever they choose to wear... We start the trend..
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics