Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Help with Student funds please

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 10:44 pm
I'm hoping my daughter will be able to enroll in a program to work towards a BA, either online, like TTI or a part time sem/part time school program. Either way, I have almost no money to pay tuition.
Can someone guide me as to what is available to get funding to make this happen for her? I've heard of FAFSA--anyone know eligibility criteria? What other grants, scholarships, etc. are available?

amother
Coffee

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:06 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I'm hoping my daughter will be able to enroll in a program to work towards a BA, either online, like TTI or a part time sem/part time school program. Either way, I have almost no money to pay tuition.
Can someone guide me as to what is available to get funding to make this happen for her? I've heard of FAFSA--anyone know eligibility criteria? What other grants, scholarships, etc. are available?

What about income based financial aid at a city college or at Touro?

amother
Coral

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:04 am
You can go online to fafsa.ed.gov and put in your financial info and you'll know right away if you are eligible.

That being said there are additional circumstances (private school tuitions, unusual medical bills) that a school can take into account to make you more eligible.

Many US seminaries participate. Some in EY do so in collaboration with US colleges, but then the student needs to come back and complete a degree at that college. You should be able to find out which seminaries give degrees just from looking at their ads, and then you can call and find out what financial aid programs they offer. In NY, for example, there's also a state program called TAP.

(In NJ there's TAG but most schools that were more recently licensed won't have it.)

There are some grants like from UJA if you live out of town.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics