Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping
Are Michael Michael Kors puffer coats warm?

Odelyah

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:39 pm
Does anyone's daughter have one of these? https://www.c21stores.com/prod......html

My daughter needs a new winter coat and she likes this, but there are no reviews or temperature ratings.. it says sherpa lined, but the description makes it sound like only the hood is lined.. and there are no pictures of the lining

I looked at this store after hearing NY imamothers mention it a bunch of times, but I've never shopped there before.. thinking of buying it before the day ends soon but I would love to hear from someone who can recommend it (or not)

amother
Firebrick

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:49 pm
your better off getting her a down coat

Odelyah

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 11:55 pm
amother [ Firebrick ] wrote:
your better off getting her a down coat

I agree with you in general but are you familiar with this coat or brand specifically? she likes this one and it's much more in our price range with the 25% off today, than a lot of other coats she likes (which may not be warmer)

bnm

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:39 am
The one I got in Macys is warm but I have no way of comparing the coat or filler.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:42 am
bnm wrote:
The one I got in Macys is warm but I have no way of comparing the coat or filler.

is yours a non-down puffer? if so I would expect it might be similar, even if the style is different

DrMom

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 12:45 am
Down will almost surely be warmer than polyester filling, which is what that MK jacket is filled with.

Odelyah

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:13 am
DrMom wrote:
Down will almost surely be warmer than polyester filling, which is what that MK jacket is filled with.

I know Sad she didn't like any of the down coats I showed her.. the only ones she liked were around 100 on sale! (Appaman) And she liked a bunch of others that weren't down either that were pretty expensive too.. this was the only one she liked that was remotely in our price range (45 on sale) so I just ordered it and I hope it will be warm enough..

amother
Plum

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:34 am
OP, could she wear an extra layer on very cold days? Really-heavy jackets are too warm sometimes, whereas a mid-weight can be layered up. Nice jacket btw Smile

Odelyah

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:42 am
amother [ Plum ] wrote:
OP, could she wear an extra layer on very cold days? Really-heavy jackets are too warm sometimes, whereas a mid-weight can be layered up. Nice jacket btw Smile

Thanks Smile yeah hopefully it will be warm enough (and roomy enough to add a layer if necessary) I usually read reviews but there weren't any! and it seemed like a good deal that I didn't want to miss.. and she really liked it! so I hope it was a good decision Smile

I appreciate your supportive and encouraging words!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics