Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Simcha Section
Bar mitzva caterers - brooklyn

amother
OP

Post Mon, Dec 02 2019, 4:34 pm
I'm looking into this right now. Anyone recently made a bar mitzvah in Brooklyn and can tell me name of caterers they used, the cost per couple (and what you got for the price), minimum # of couples, and venue and if there were any additional costs necessary?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 5:49 am
bump

amother
Brunette

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 7:10 am
We've made 2 Bar Mitzvahs at YI of Avenue K. The in-house caterers are the Feuereisens, who are a pleasure to work with, and everybody complimented us on how good the food tasted and looked.

Another place we looked into and strongly considered is Schick's Manor in BP, which is also very popular. Many people in Flatbush are happy with Kaminetz, and I just went to a lovely BM at the redone Renaissance in BP.

A lot of it will depend on how many people you're expecting and where they're coming from. If you rent a venue and then bring in your own caterer you'll have to pay more than if you take a place and use the in-house caterer. At YI of Ave. K we didn't have to pay any rental fee, nor any extra fee to the caterer to kasher and bring their stuff, since they have it all in the kitchen.

Also keep in mind if you want to pay for valet parking, which can be a must in many locations.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:04 am
Thanks so much for your reply. Can you give me a ballpark range of cost per couple in places you've looked into? I'm looking for cheaper end & standard package would be fine for me. I would most likely have around 50-75 couples.

amother
Teal

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:23 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thanks so much for your reply. Can you give me a ballpark range of cost per couple in places you've looked into? I'm looking for cheaper end & standard package would be fine for me. I would most likely have around 50-75 couples.

In BP there are places like Seville Manor, or Skvere by 14 & 43 that have in house caterers and really have good packages for decent prices.

amother
Tangerine

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:06 pm
Anshei sefard 14th ave. 45th st. is very cheap. They give just the hall. You need to bring your own caterer. They work with Rottenbergs catering who's very cheap like $42 a couple.

cuties' mom

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 4:14 am
I just made a bar mitzvah at Chaim Berlin. You get to choose from 4 appetizers with several additional upgrades for more money. You get to choose 2 out of 8 soups to serve. There are 3 main dish choices for regular price plus some upgrade choices if you want to spend more. There are 8 choices for side dishes plus some upgrade options. There are 3 options for the kids menu and 2 desserts. It costs $25 a person. There's an extra $450 fee if you have less than 120 guests. There's also $125 per waiter and sales tax.
People were saying that the food is better than what they get at weddings. The staff was amazing, and when they packed up the leftovers for us, they loaded it into the car.

yidishmamma

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 6:14 am
Pavilion 39 located at 15x39. He does an amazing job with fresh delicious food .

amother
Ecru

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 6:45 am
Many ppl in my neighborhood use whiteman. Average range is around $30 pp.can go up depending on how fancy you want

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:51 am
Thank you all for your input - it was really very helpful for me!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics