Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Lakewood schools HELP!!
Previous  1  2  3  4

amother
Lilac

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:17 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Done Applause

Thanks. I'm not a judgmental person, I promise! I'm open-minded and I teach my kids to be too. We live in a very live-and-let-live neighborhood (where our friends send to all schools, from YTT to the Cheder and TCS to Bnos Yaakov). My husband also works and doesn't wear only white shirts. I don't want to say anything bad about a school, I was just trying to point out something for OP (and others) to consider, but it came out badly.

amother
Aubergine

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:20 pm
Can someone please answer what they ask by interviews? I’m very nervous about it .

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:41 pm
amother [ Aubergine ] wrote:
Can someone please answer what they ask by interviews? I’m very nervous about it .

I don't remember it being anything crazy. Just a warm hello. What their goals were for the school, what our goals were.. And Jewish geography. Very pleasent... But they did major research into my child in her school I was very aware of that.. They don't take just anyone. Don't think it's a dumping school that they take everyone they see..

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gray

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:42 pm
Oh.. And one more thing. My daughter is in kindergarten this year and she had such a nice class! So that's the primary next year...

Last edited by amother on Thu, Jan 23 2020, 11:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:44 pm
Just another thrilled Nachlas parent who stumbled across this thread and wanted to say we couldn’t be happier with the school. The administration , Mrs smith, Mrs Miller , the teachers , the parent body, the chinuch .
So much lashon hara on this thread. Saying that the kids are chutzpahdik kids because they don’t discipline ? What kind of nonsense is that? This is only the fifth year Nachlas is open and there are already 3 parallel primaries ! And no, not every Lakewood school grows as fast, take a look at the schools that opened around the same time. It’s got a great name for a reason. I’m so grateful that my daughter is there .

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:45 pm
Sewsew_mom wrote:
Oh.. And one more thing. My daughter is in kindergarten this year and she had such a nice class! So that's the primary next year...

There will be three primaries next year so the Kindergarten will be broken up.
I was sad when it happened to my daughter bc we loved her class but BH all the new girls are great too.
Morah Roizy helps make the class lists to keep friends together Smile

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:00 pm
delete

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:04 pm
Edited

Chayalle

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:09 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
R Robinson (also of camp chaverim) is a well known well liked macher with many many friends . It’s almost funny to see him described as lacking social skills. Ridiculous . And lashon hara.

I have never met him, but I have this to say. I know a certain family with tremendous dysfunction and challenges in Lakewood. (that's actually an understatement.) They have a son who has many difficulties. Mr. Robinson "hired" him in his daycamp for several years. And every time the parent picked him up, would come over and praise the kid to the skies, and the parents who raised him, and anything else positive he could think of.

He sounds like a tzaddik.

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:10 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
R Robinson (also of camp chaverim) is a well known well liked macher with many many friends . It’s almost funny to see him described as lacking social skills. Ridiculous . And lashon hara.

Delete

amother
Purple

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:13 pm
Yes the Robinson’s are wonderful ppl.

I’m so sad to see such blatant lishan hara on here.
Lashon hara is even if it’s true. It doesn’t matter.

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:14 pm
edited

amother
Cerulean

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:21 pm
amother [ Gold ] wrote:
Especially given his reputation as a wonderful and sociable guy I think perhaps you should reevaluate your judgement and lashon hara .

You’re right. I deleted my posts. Pls edit yours as well.

amother
Dodgerblue

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:22 pm
Robinsons are very young so they might ask things that older more experienced people wouldnt..

amother
Gold

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:23 pm
amother [ Cerulean ] wrote:
You’re right. I deleted my posts. Pls edit yours as well.

Done , thank you

amother
Yellow

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 7:53 pm
I send to nachlas. My interview there was actually my best one from all schools. Asked my daughter to do a puzzle and shmoozing with me and dh about the school and about my work and his work.

And for the person who said someone paid $50k to get in. He had a guy who gave toms of $$$ yearly and said if you don't take this kid in gonna stop giving you. Rabbi ribinson said I'm sorry, shes not for my school and Gabe up the $. So sorry, I dont believe he accepted someone who he felt didn't belong for 50k

amother
Silver

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:26 pm
Hey everyone, I dont even live in Lakewood, but I happen to know the Robinsons pretty well - out of town connections.
Just wanted to say that its really painful for me to see the bashing here, they are a really amazing special couple. They are true mentschen and their life focus is on giving to the Jewish community.
Unfortunately in our societies, we tend to blame everything on those who give so much to us... I have seen it time and time again.

Please please people, dont say lashon hara or motzi shem ra about this special couple. Thank you.
Page 4 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4 Recent Topics