Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Is anyone not yeshivish HAPPY in Lakewood?
Previous  1  2

choco1

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:12 pm
Thanks!

amother
Oak

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:13 pm
I’m not yeshivish and very happy. But I grew up here, so I’m comfortable here. That may be part of it.

chipmunks

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:14 pm
choco1 wrote:
What does JPF stand for? Tx!

Just Plain Frum Smile

amother
Babypink

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:15 pm
Oh wow. Okay, I have my answer now when anyone asks me why I won't consider moving to Lakewood, Jackson, or Toms River.

Fabulous

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:22 pm
choco1 wrote:
What does JPF stand for? Tx!

Just plain frum

amother
Peach

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:23 pm
amother [ Cobalt ] wrote:
Lakewood is no life longer a yeshivish community at all! It has changed tremendously over the last 15 years.
Chassidim moved here, people from modern orthodox backgrounds settled here...
People tend to walk around happy if they have friends, a good marriage...
Basically, if you are a happy person there’s no real reason why you would suddenly become unhappy living in Lakewood.
Moves are hard as is settling in so that takes time...
There’s no such thing as a perfect place with no issues ever.. hopefully you’ll make new friends as will your children and you’ll enjoy.
Plenty of non yeshivish families... you wouldn’t be the only ones by far!!

Love this! Not yeshivish, husband I are both professionals, and we love it here. Yes there are many aspects of the Lakewood Culture we find disturbing, but we choose to focus on the many good aspects, and the things that we do to make it work for our family. We surround ourselves as much as possible with families like ourselves who are wholesome and happy. Some may be more to the right some more to the left in terms of hashkafa, but our priority is to be around positivity and a growth oriented mindset. And there is so much unbelievable good here, but that’s often not the focus. The amount of Chesed and tzedaka that the community contributes to is amazing!

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:23 pm
I have been living in Lakewood way before this town changed to what it is today.
Were ok here because we are old timers and well known so getting into a school hasnt been an issue bh.
I dont think anyone should even consider moving before they had a good fit school option for their kids and to be sure they are all accepted to a school of your choice.
Another thing to strongly look into is a neighborhood. Bh we are in a wonderful neighborhood and my children have a huge social life. I feel that is very important.
People are taking risks and moving into new blocks that are taking time to build up and it is affecting the kids.
Personally I wish people would stop coming in and overcrowding this already overcrowded town, it takes me forever to get anywhere and I clearly remember flying through the streets years back.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating