Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Something that made you smile this week!:):)
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 7:44 pm
Hi!
So many sad stories all around I need a pick me up thread!
What's something that made you smile/feel warm inside this week.
I'll start, my 2yr old was crying in his bed didn't want to go to sleep I came in to his room he stops crying and tells me very seriously I crying mommy,I sad mommy,I want to wake up now! lol really honey we all hear you loud and clear:)

amother
Rose

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:14 pm
My 3 month old baby started laughing out loud, it's so funny!! Bh!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:39 pm
My mother is on her death bed with feeding tubes in her nose and is on dyalisis they switched her by ambulance to a better hospital
The hospital has a bikur cholim room and my 91 year old father will have something to eat when he visits her daily

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:39 pm
This weekend I’m
Visiting my adult children for the weekend

Rubber Ducky

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:41 pm
My niece is engaged!

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:42 pm
Mazel tov!!!

amother
Violet

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:50 pm
amother [ Rose ] wrote:
My 3 month old baby started laughing out loud, it's so funny!! Bh!

I was literally about to type this. Word for word! Cutest thing ever, no?

Also, today when I was driving my 3yo home from school and my baby was crying, 3yo very seriously says "Baby needs Starbucks". I couldn't stop laughing!

amother
Lime

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:56 pm
My 4 year old tells my screaming six week old “ Baby, calm down. Let’s just take a deep breath together”

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:05 pm
My 3 year old granddaughter was eating dinner in my home while her mother was at PTA. I made a fresh chicken soup and for her, I took out a carrot, some squash, chicken and some soup and cut it all up in the bowl so it was one plate of combined food. I like when they have all the elements in one spoonful.

Apparently, that's not how her mommy does it, because she took one look at the "mush" and turned the bowl over on the table. Yup, food dripping down the side of the tablecloth, down the chair, on her dress...

So I tried to put on a stern face, to show her I was upset. Also, I was trying to formulate the right admonishment; not too harsh, (I'm her Bubby!) but also not too lax, so she knows what she did was wrong.

There I am, staring at her with what I think is my "you did something bad, but I'm not gonna yell, I'm gonna reason with you" face on, when this little angel looks up at me, looking mighty confused.

And she opens up her adorable mouth and says, completely puzzled, "Are you pooping, Bubby?"

No. I didn't smile. I burst into a terrible fit of laughter... I don't know how I concentrated on my job the next day. I mean, how does one go on from THAT?

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:07 pm
Yayyy thanks everyone im laughing away!keep them coming!

STMommy

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:08 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
My 3 year old granddaughter was eating dinner in my home while her mother was at PTA. I made a fresh chicken soup and for her, I took out a carrot, some squash, chicken and some soup and cut it all up in the bowl so it was one plate of combined food. I like when they have all the elements in one spoonful.

Apparently, that's not how her mommy does it, because she took one look at the "mush" and turned the bowl over on the table. Yup, food dripping down the side of the tablecloth, down the chair, on her dress...

So I tried to put on a stern face, to show her I was upset. Also, I was trying to formulate the right admonishment; not too harsh, (I'm her Bubby!) but also not too lax, so she knows what she did was wrong.

There I am, staring at her with what I think is my "you did something bad, but I'm not gonna yell, I'm gonna reason with you" face on, when this little angel looks up at me, looking mighty confused.

And she opens up her adorable mouth and says, completely puzzled, "Are you pooping, Bubby?"

No. I didn't smile. I burst into a terrible fit of laughter... I don't know how I concentrated on my job the next day. I mean, how does one go on from THAT?

This is my something that made me smile Smile

amother
Burlywood

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:13 pm
My 2.5 year old was crying because he didn’t want my dh to leave to work . Suddenly he stops crying and says goodbye and then turns to me and says my let’s totty go work my needs mitzvah tzetel (note). And now a few weeks later whenever he can’t think of a mitzvah to write on the note he reminds me of this one!

Jewishfoodie

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:14 pm
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
My 2.5 year old was crying because he didn’t want my dh to leave to work . Suddenly he stops crying and says goodbye and then turns to me and says my let’s totty go work my needs mitzvah tzetel (note). And now a few weeks later whenever he can’t think of a mitzvah to write on the note he reminds me of this one!

You got your dog to work? That's awesome!

ETA... Ah.. You edited.. I loved it the first time too!

amother
Green

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:23 pm
My toddler said his first sentence! "Mommy, I jumping" as he jumped up and down in the kitchen. My heart Heart

amother
Apricot

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:32 pm
My husband bought me this awesome falafal from a new place, for no reason! He's not a big gifter and hardly thinks of me so..

amother
Vermilion

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 9:46 pm
I was eating a bagel at the bagel store and looked out the window a lady fell
Down in the snow everyone panicked and was going to call an ambulance she got up and smiled and said I’m ok
She broke her glasses and her mouth was bleeding

amother
Hotpink

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:03 pm
My DD3 came home from school. She played on her own a bit and then shows me that her elbow and arm hurts. I look at her concerned and started thinking: Oh no, strep in the blood or some kind of virus that attacked her hand, MRSA ch"v. I really got scared for a couple of seconds.

I call her over to take a closer look at her boo boo. I gently lift her arm, not too fast because she's in pain and in my mind, her arm is probably swollen and red... and I start to slowly pull up the sleeve of her dress. Who knows what I'm gonna see there?

As I'm handling her arm, something feels different. Her sleeve is raised, not resting directly on her arm. I pick up the navy sleeve of her dress and palpate under it. There's something there! It's purple... it's velour... it's her pajamas!!!

She gets dressed in the mornings herself and had simply pulled her dress on, on top of her pajama top! I burst out laughing and couldn't stop laughing for two whole minutes!!! Her PJ top was completely not visible with her dress on top. It was only when she complained that I saw it. The thick PJ layer and another layer of her dress on top, where it creased in at her elbow, hurt her. We removed the pajama top and all was well b"H!

amother
Pewter

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:10 pm
The snow. Im in NY.
This my neighbor shot

And this is my tree late last night.

Moonlight

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:12 pm
My son said to me today, I had the best dream ever last night!
Really, what was it?
It was of mommy hugging me! Hug Hug

Busy@mom

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 10:17 pm
My 18 month old decided that he doesn’t need clothing when he naps. The last few days when I took him out of his crib after his nap I found his top and pants on the floor. ( I’m not even sure how he pulls his top off.) 😊
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics