Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Attention playgroup morahs

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 12:05 am
Do you have a system for taking registration? Is it first come first served? Do you do research on the ppl that call you?
What do you do/say if you're not sure you want to accept a kid in your playgroup? (for example mother asking weird/too many questions)
Please share your tips to make it easier! Ty

amother
Powderblue

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 5:44 am
I live in a relatively small community oot, so most of us know each other, so when someone calls up, I would usually know who it is. Otherwise, I probably would try and find someone we have in common. Invite them to come see your premises-I would be suspicious of a parent if they didn't want to see the place.You can usually get a feel for a person.
Generally I work on a first come basis, but I will pressure the first person slightly if I have someone else interested. It also depends on the ages, like if you have a group that are all turning 3 already and one child that isn't yet two, I would say it'll be too hard because that other child isn't at the same age/stage.
You can say I've had a lot of interest and I'm waiting for people to get back to me, if you don't want to commit to anyone. If you're worried about a child/parent, you can ask if they've been out anywhere before-and then contact the other playgroup to see how they were. First time mothers are often difficult, also are children who are older but never left their mother before. Otherwise a polite, I don't think your child will fit in etc sort of phone call if you want to refuse.
Make a contract for the parent and go through with them, for instance my has written in a late charge-if they come past x time, they pay extra for that day. You can put in anything you think might be a concern-if they miss more than x times, then you can ask them to leave. Also things like they can't just pull their child out without x amount of notice (I usually like a term, so you have enough time to find another to replace)

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:04 am
Thank you for responding!
In Lakewood parents sign up for the entire year so unless theres something extremely wrong ,you're kind of stuck for the entire school year!
(I've had to send away a kid once and it was super hard!Sad )
It's so hard to judge in the 2 minutes that you see a mother! I almost feel like parents should give references just like parents get references on the morahs!! LOL

amother
Blush

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:26 am
I live in lkwd. Ive gotten calls from morahs about people I sent to them. "Hi your friend ______ called me about playgroup for next year, ty for sending her my way. I want to make sure its a healthy home and tuition will be paid on time "
Very normal imho

Chayalle

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:33 am
Yes I have a friend who is a playgroup Morah and she has asked me about people in my neighborhood who called her about her playgroup.

She also did my sis a favor and took my nephew even when she had filled her "boys" quota (she takes a certain # of girls and boys) because she knew his parents and figured he would be pretty easygoing anyway.....
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries