Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
Returning Expensive Jewelry to Pay Off Debt
Previous  1  2

amother
Babyblue

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 8:50 pm
I would return but take pictures of it. There are plenty of people who can make custom jewelry and I'm sure when you have the money, you can get a practically identical piece made.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 12:24 pm
I returned it and I feel proud of myself and so sad at the same time. I am trying to navigate my feelings of things that are really gashmius but really make me feel pretty. I guess it is a long battle many of us face, but for now I am of course putting my feelings for this piece aside to do the "right" thing.

Cheiny

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 12:29 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
We are somewhat following Dave Ramsey's rules to pay off debt now that we are doing work to our house to add bathrooms and bedrooms. I bought a piece of jewelry that was quite expensive for us and I have a few days left that I can return it for a full refund. I know it is emotional but I love this piece and have been eyeing it for 3 years and it is being discontinued. What are your thoughts about keeping it since I can not get it again versus returning it, using the money to pay off debt and getting something else in the future?

Is it gold or diamonds? If so, you should keep it, as the value will continue to rise, and it’s an investment which you can always sell in the future should you desperately need the money. It sounds like you love it, and so you deserve to have it, if even just for the time being.

amother
Babypink

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 12:33 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I returned it and I feel proud of myself and so sad at the same time. I am trying to navigate my feelings of things that are really gashmius but really make me feel pretty. I guess it is a long battle many of us face, but for now I am of course putting my feelings for this piece aside to do the "right" thing.

I think you are pretty awesome. Does that help?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 12:34 pm
amother [ Babypink ] wrote:
I think you are pretty awesome. Does that help?

Yes, it helps a lot!

amother
Amber

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 12:42 pm
Cheiny wrote:
Is it gold or diamonds? If so, you should keep it, as the value will continue to rise, and it’s an investment which you can always sell in the future should you desperately need the money. It sounds like you love it, and so you deserve to have it, if even just for the time being.

While overall value is rising, resale value of jewelry is generally under 50 percent of what it cost. So it’s not really an investment
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics