Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
How to get rid of them

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:29 pm
Cravings
Trying to stay on track with my program
But I’m this close to going out and getting myself some
Croissants
Also craving
Popcorn, ruffled potato chips, biscuits with tons of butter

How do I get rid of these cravings

FranticFrummie

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:34 pm
Popcorn with no butter. If you are not on a restricted sodium diet add some season salt. The extra flavor makes up for the lack of butter. The rest of the carbs I would just steer clear of.

How long have you been on the program? I find that the first two to three weeks are the hardest. If I can make it that long without cracking, then the rest is much easier.

Is there anything going on in your life that is triggering emotional cravings or is this just the usual detox phase?

Hang in there, you can do this!

chanatron1000

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 1:40 pm
If sodium is not an issue for you, sour pickles are a good low calorie snack that can help with cravings.

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 2:44 pm
chanatron1000 wrote:
If sodium is not an issue for you, sour pickles are a good low calorie snack that can help with cravings.

Will try
I’ve been on my low carb journey for over a year,
But- I plateaued for a while
Then I cheated out of frustration and chagim and ppl eating yummy stuff around me.
Got right back on track for about 1 month but I’ve gained weight
The scale just keeps on climbing
And all I can dream about is yummy buttery croissants.
The rest of the stuff I can forgo

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 3:43 pm
Bump

amother
OP

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 4:09 pm
I’ve heard that cravings Can come from vitamin deficiencies
Is there anything that points to buttery salty carbs

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 4:16 pm
Stop eating carbs except low carb veg. No processed food. Just eat real food low in carbs. The stricter you are the faster it happens. I was hopeless. I could not spend ten minutes without eating something. And then hashgacha prat is taught me this. This is 2.5 years already that I don’t crave food or if I do, I know I ate something that disagrees with my system and don’t do it again. I now recognize cravings as what they are for me. An indicator that my body is reacting to carbs. I’ll post photos here. https://I.imgur.com/C72WGTK.jpg

Rutabaga

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 5:24 pm
Time. If you can wait out the craving then it eventually passes. Easier said than done I know!

amother
Aquamarine

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 6:01 pm
andrea levy wrote:
Stop eating carbs except low carb veg. No processed food. Just eat real food low in carbs. The stricter you are the faster it happens. I was hopeless. I could not spend ten minutes without eating something. And then hashgacha prat is taught me this. This is 2.5 years already that I don’t crave food or if I do, I know I ate something that disagrees with my system and don’t do it again. I now recognize cravings as what they are for me. An indicator that my body is reacting to carbs. I’ll post photos here. https://I.imgur.com/C72WGTK.jpg

Amazing you look great kah!
I wish I can follow

Chana Miriam S

Post Tue, Dec 03 2019, 11:43 pm
amother [ Aquamarine ] wrote:
Amazing you look great kah!
I wish I can follow

Happy to help if you want to pm me. I am so grateful every day.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 9:57 am
andrea levy wrote:

I’m trying to do this but still dreaming for the croissant 🥐

momomany

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 1:45 pm
As said above... cut out all carb except low carb vegetables. It may take a little while.. think weeks or even a few months but the cravings WILL disappear. The habit of grabbing for a carb needs to be broken over time, but the physical craving is triggered by the sugar in your body and the longer ypu go without feeding it (that includes whole grain and many fruit and starchy veg like peas and corn) the fewer cravings you will have until they are gone

amother
Wheat

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 1:58 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Cravings
Trying to stay on track with my program
But I’m this close to going out and getting myself some
Croissants
Also craving
Popcorn, ruffled potato chips, biscuits with tons of butter

How do I get rid of these cravings

The ONLY way to get rid of cravings is to cut out sugar and carbs (bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, fruits etc). All your carbs should come only from non starchy veggies. This is is line with the keto and Atkins diets. They work because your hunger disappears if you do it right! Take it from someone who’s tried every diet and never succeeded like I did on Keto! Poof, cravings gone!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise