Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Tashbar Lakewood- time sensitive please answer

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 11:04 am
So I’m looking to get my elementary age boys in . The school spoke to my sons rebbe and told him he’s looking forward to meeting us at the interview ? Is it easier to get into the elementary than the primary ? What kind of questions do they ask by the interview ?

amother
Mustard

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 4:52 pm
As far as I know they only take boys into the regular grades if they have an open slot ie: someone moves or leaves the school(switched to a mekor hachhinuch program) etc. they are strict about class sizes and they don’t have more than 25/26 kids per class.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 4:54 pm
So the fact that they are open to giving us an interview might mean they have open slots or it doesn’t mean anything at all?

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:29 pm
Also excuse my naivete but can’t they fit one more kid in a class? What’s the big deal ?

amother
Linen

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:33 pm
We just got in for this year. The first 15 min was talking to us with our son in the next room. Stuff like who we are etc.. Then we left the room and he spoke at length with our son including farhering him and asking him if and what he watches/plays in his free time.

amother
OP

Post Wed, Dec 04 2019, 8:34 pm
For what grade ? When did you get an answer?

amother
Smokey

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:14 am
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Also excuse my naivete but can’t they fit one more kid in a class? What’s the big deal ?

One more kid plus one more kid plus one more...
There needs to be a cut off somewhere. My child’s class started at 17 and is now at 28.

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 12:09 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
For what grade ? When did you get an answer?

He’s in a middle grade and we got an answer towards the end of March. We kept calling bec they didn’t even look at our application until late December because they were busy with primary. We needed to know if we were moving or not based on acceptance to schools for our kids. We got an interview early February and an answer about 6 weeks later. They spoke to his rebbe and Menahel

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 12:39 pm
Can I ask what type your family is ?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 12:52 pm
amother [ Linen ] wrote:
We just got in for this year. The first 15 min was talking to us with our son in the next room. Stuff like who we are etc.. Then we left the room and he spoke at length with our son including farhering him and asking him if and what he watches/plays in his free time.

Hmm may I ask why they need to speak to the boys privately ?

amother
Linen

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 1:00 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Hmm may I ask why they need to speak to the boys privately ?

They don’t want the parents coaching the kids. They should be free to be themselves. It was through a glass door, we could see their backs

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 1:03 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Can I ask what type your family is ?

?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 1:11 pm
Also if your rejected do you receive a letter ?

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:49 pm
My two boys had an interview today and after we met with a few people we met with the boss . At the end of the interview he said we would be delighted to have you . Accepted on the spot !
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics