Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries
Wash Pashminas? Or Organic Cleaners Lakewood

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 11:50 am
I'm looking for a dry cleaner & prefer organic. I was gifted with four previously loved pashminas (& need to get rid of perfumy smell plus doggy hairs : )

Would you just wash by hand? I am not great at that...

1 is a regular tapestry type. Two are faux fur, and one is a knit.

Google turns up Cedarbridge (which wanted $8 each, not worth it to me), & Todd Plaza, which is a trip for me.

Any other ideas?

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 5:16 pm
BUMP.

ra_mom

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 6:25 pm
https://m.wikihow.life/Clean-Faux-Fur?amp=1

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:01 pm
Thanks, ra_mom, but that looks awfully complicated ...
at most I will ask my domestic assistant to wash gently by hand and hope for the best ... I suppose I can find similar instructions in Spanish ...

(This is someone who was always buying new pantyhose... eventually, knee highs, because washing by hand was just too annoying & Mom said you never put them in the machine. Now I have mesh bags but ... whatever the DA wants, she does ...)

ra_mom

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:40 pm
It wouldn't be worthwhile for me to send these to the cleaners. I would wash each one individually, in a hand wash cycle of the washing machine, after putting the one pashmina in a large enough net bag. Only use a minimal amount of liquid detergent.
Once it comes out of the machine, smooth out and dry flat. Fluff up fur with hand to dry properly. I am sure they will be fine. And if not, it was worth trying and wouldn't be worth dry cleaning or wearing dirty.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Lakewood, Toms River & Jackson related Inquiries