Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health -> Vaccinations
Anti-Vax Links
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 12:51 pm
amother [ White ] wrote:
Sad for people in corrupt countries. BH we have the opportunity to live in America.

Plenty of corruption in America - getting worse by the day.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 12:59 pm
amother [ Sienna ] wrote:
Who is infecting whom you ask? About making your own choices you want to know?

I was in a kimpeturin home. One woman who did homebirth, doesn't vaccinate, ordered special healthy foods & doesn't believe in drs was there. So she & her baby should be the healthiest right?

Well guess what? she had a nasty cold there. Then one day, her newborn had a nasty cough in nursery. She was told to take her baby to dr which she refused. They had a dr come down to check baby. They told her to pack herself home since baby can't infect others. At end, results of tests dr took, came back as RSV positive. She was told baby needs to go to hospital. She took baby HOME!!!
I daven that her baby should still be alive!

Lo & behold, next day the neighboring baby had respiratory distress. Mom took baby to dr & Dr said he is fine, (was breathing fast only sometimes) Mom didn't want to take chances & flew with Hatzoloh to hospital from there.

Now who will be safer? By these crunches, doctors are the worst enemy!

Please dont generalize.
You are describing careless behavior from one inconsiderate mother, and ascribing that carelessness to an entire group.
There are careless antivax parents and there are careless provax parents. That is personality type based.

eschaya

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 1:01 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Fixed it for you.

Thanks.

Now please read your own source till the end.
This article relates that a specific Kenyan official claimed that thousands of Kenyan girls have been deliberately made sterile by a "state sponsored sterilization exercise" in the form of the tetanus vaccines. His claims are based on the claims of a particular bishop in the Kenyan catholic church. Ok, anyone is allowed to claim anything.
Then read the final paragraph. "UNICEF and the World Health Organization later confirmed that the vaccines were safe and procured from a pre-qualified manufacturer. They noted that the church lacked any evidence to back up their claims."

Like I stated upthread... reading comprehension, please.

eschaya

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 1:09 pm
I will not start to debate all the anti-vaxxers and negate their claims. We had tons of lengthy threads about this within the past year and no amount of science, facts and evidence will change their minds.

My posts on this thread are only to look at your suggested sources "links"... and show that
- they are from non-vetted sources, or
- you misunderstood the context, or
- irrelevant to the actual topic at hand (ie: article describing the ills of pharmaceutical companies, which yes, I will agree that greed and untoward business practices do sometimes occur, but this has nothing to do with vaccine safety and efficacy, especially if you don't decry their release of lifesaving medications)

Please note that none of your "links" is an evidenced-based article that addresses the primary concerns people have with vaccines.

eschaya

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 1:31 pm
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
That's the point. I don't trust them with my healthcare at all. I use them warily and sparingly when necessary. I don't necessarily think they're evil, but greed is the pitfall of capitalism... I'm not a credentialed medical expert, but I'm not ashamed to say I know more than a lot of doctors. The age of medical patriarchy is over, information is equally accessible to everyone. Pubmed already happened. I have a pretty good understanding of drug interactions, I know how to use google when I don't know, and I've caught contraindications when drs haven't... I wish there was a better way to regulate alternative medicine, but not over-regulate. As always, I think the private sector is a better regulator of consumerism... I use alternatives just as prudently as a I use allopathics. Capitalism and government is a double edged sword... we live in a complicated world.

ETA: oh, and every time I grudgingly make the decision to use them (NOT trust them, just use them very very grudgingly) I can assure you there is some BIG industrial complex that is at least in part to blame for having brought us to that place. Like southernbubby said, if there was no big agri, big food, big dairy, big chem, big auto, etc etc, chances are we would
need very very little of big pharma.

Um, no. No you don't. You fool yourself into thinking so. Of course you're not ashamed to claim such. You are saying that you think you are smarter than those who had the IQ, passion and drive to make it through medical school and residency, that you intuitively understand more than those who have spend thousands upon thousands of hours learning and managing patients... and all by the grace of your eminent mind under the thoughtful tutelage of Dr. Google.
I work in healthcare, and gotta love those family members who "know" more than the doctors/providers managing the care. Just yesterday I had a patient who stated that he drinks sugar-free crystal light instead of taking his gout medication because he read that it works even better. He kept urging me to research it. I'm sure he found that "article" somewhere but I have yet to find it. I do wish he would have taken his allopurinol though; it would have exerted a protective effect against the tumor lysis syndrome (an oncologic emergency) that he was suffering from. I had a family member refuse to allow her husband a blood transfusion because she read online that the blood we use is from monkeys. She must have read something about rh factor and in her "research" touched upon something related to rhesus monkeys. She is right to have noticed that; the rhesus protein is named for the rhesus monkey that also carries the protein. She is wrong that the blood comes from monkeys. Yet her "research" had her so convinced that the doctors are wrong,and she refused to allow him a necessary transfusion.
Believe me, I've spoken to many anti-vaxxers, most of whom claim medical expertise as you do. They all think they live in Lake Wobegun, where everyone is smarter than average. Not that this is statistical evidence or anything, but so far all these geniuses seem to be of average intelligence, occasionally with deficits in reading comprehension (not all though, there was one lovely antivax woman I spoke with who only looked at real evidence and actually understood much of the science. Unfortunately she tended to get lost in the weeds and would harp on the few legitimate issues that do exist with vaccines, and because of the trees she could not see the forest).

#BestBubby

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 1:38 pm
dancingqueen wrote:
-Because if you think that pharmaceutical companies are evil and willing to hurt children for a profit then why would you trust them with your healthcare.
—are you a medical expert? Do you understand drug interactions? Do you check your non drug alternatives for interactions? Does it bother you that homeopathic medicines are not regulated and have caused deaths?

Even the Fake News admits that medical care - including pharmaceuticals - cause hundreds of thousands of deaths per year.

That is why We the People should have the FREEDOM to make our own medical decisions for us and our children and not be FORCED by Government to take medical interventions that carry the risk of Death and Injury - and that includes Vaccines. Read the Vaccine Inserts! $4 BILLIONS paid in compensation for vaccine injuries and deaths - and only a fraction of those injured receive compensation.

amother
Burlywood

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 2:30 pm
eschaya wrote:
Um, no. No you don't. You fool yourself into thinking so. Of course you're not ashamed to claim such. You are saying that you think you are smarter than those who had the IQ, passion and drive to make it through medical school and residency, that you intuitively understand more than those who have spend thousands upon thousands of hours learning and managing patients... and all by the grace of your eminent mind under the thoughtful tutelage of Dr. Google.
I work in healthcare, and gotta love those family members who "know" more than the doctors/providers managing the care. Just yesterday I had a patient who stated that he drinks sugar-free crystal light instead of taking his gout medication because he read that it works even better. He kept urging me to research it. I'm sure he found that "article" somewhere but I have yet to find it. I do wish he would have taken his allopurinol though; it would have exerted a protective effect against the tumor lysis syndrome (an oncologic emergency) that he was suffering from. I had a family member refuse to allow her husband a blood transfusion because she read online that the blood we use is from monkeys. She must have read something about rh factor and in her "research" touched upon something related to rhesus monkeys. She is right to have noticed that; the rhesus protein is named for the rhesus monkey that also carries the protein. She is wrong that the blood comes from monkeys. Yet her "research" had her so convinced that the doctors are wrong,and she refused to allow him a necessary transfusion.
Believe me, I've spoken to many anti-vaxxers, most of whom claim medical expertise as you do. They all think they live in Lake Wobegun, where everyone is smarter than average. Not that this is statistical evidence or anything, but so far all these geniuses seem to be of average intelligence, occasionally with deficits in reading comprehension (not all though, there was one lovely antivax woman I spoke with who only looked at real evidence and actually understood much of the science. Unfortunately she tended to get lost in the weeds and would harp on the few legitimate issues that do exist with vaccines, and because of the trees she could not see the forest).

This is my exact parable actually.
Antivaxers miss the forest for the trees.
Provaxers miss the trees for the forest.
And those of us stuck in the middle?

amother
Lawngreen

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 2:53 pm
eschaya wrote:

This post smacks of condescension and ego. Yes, you are in healthcare. You have a great zechus. But you are the prime example why the medical establishment in the US is such an avodah zorah.

Because smart, intelligent parents are too stupid to understand medical literature. No, they are not. Sure, pediatricians learn about vaccines. How to administer them and how to convince parents of their safety and efficacy. They do not learn the effect of each ingredient on a child's neuro-development, how vaccines may interact with certain medical conditions (which are not contraindicated regarding vaccines), how children with different genetic predispositions may be adversely affected, why having auto immune issues in the family should be a contraindication, how the CDC recommended schedule may or may not increase the instances of immediate reactions or long term damage and all the other concerns thinking parents have with the vaccine program. So your claim that lay people just think they know stuff, is wrong. They actually have a lot of knowledge culled from reputable sources and personal experience.

I had a long talk with my doctor who (grudgingly) conceded that I have the knowledge about vaccines that rivals that of many doctors. Many of us actually have the stamina, brains, resources and drive to make it through medical school with honors but choose not to do so for other reasons. So quit talking down to us and get off your high horse. Are people irresponsible and stupid? Some are. Are people informed and well read? Many are. Lumping everyone who doesn't have a degree in one little box is unfair and simply ludicrous.

I wish you many more years of the opportunity to save people's lives and helping them live in good health. But with humility and respect.

amother
Chocolate

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 4:09 pm
amother [ Lawngreen ] wrote:
This post smacks of condescension and ego. Yes, you are in healthcare. You have a great zechus. But you are the prime example why the medical establishment in the US is such an avodah zorah.

Because smart, intelligent parents are too stupid to understand medical literature. No, they are not. Sure, pediatricians learn about vaccines. How to administer them and how to convince parents of their safety and efficacy. They do not learn the effect of each ingredient on a child's neuro-development, how vaccines may interact with certain medical conditions (which are not contraindicated regarding vaccines), how children with different genetic predispositions may be adversely affected, why having auto immune issues in the family should be a contraindication, how the CDC recommended schedule may or may not increase the instances of immediate reactions or long term damage and all the other concerns thinking parents have with the vaccine program. So your claim that lay people just think they know stuff, is wrong. They actually have a lot of knowledge culled from reputable sources and personal experience.

I had a long talk with my doctor who (grudgingly) conceded that I have the knowledge about vaccines that rivals that of many doctors. Many of us actually have the stamina, brains, resources and drive to make it through medical school with honors but choose not to do so for other reasons. So quit talking down to us and get off your high horse. Are people irresponsible and stupid? Some are. Are people informed and well read? Many are. Lumping everyone who doesn't have a degree in one little box is unfair and simply ludicrous.

I wish you many more years of the opportunity to save people's lives and helping them live in good health. But with humility and respect.

Thank you
Vaccines aren't tested against a true placebo, rather against other vaccines with similar components. Adverse events are missed 90-99 percent of the time- according to Harvard medical school.
Please stop denying that there are issues and and accusing parents.
Do you hear these arguements- either take all pharmaceuticals or none, you didn't go to med school- how about Harvard med school?
Let's stop all the condescending rhetoric and keep it civil.

eschaya

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:18 am
You are right, and I apologize for the tone of my post. It is not helpful to any of us on either side of the debate.
And I definitely did not go to Harvard, or any, medical school. Which is why, when managing patients, I otfen ask my attending physicians for their advice and input. Because I trust that their knowledge and experience is greater than mine. Of course, in rare occasions if they suggest something
that appears to go against what I know, I will not take their words without doing my own further research and checking up with additional providers and experts . But in general, I trust in the good will and vast experience of my physician colleagues. Which is just another reason that I find it so hard to understand the anti vaxxers who distrust the majority of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, the cdc, the who, UNICEF, and the health departments of every single country in the world.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:25 am
eschaya wrote:
You are right, and I apologize for the tone of my post. It is not helpful to any of us on either side of the debate.
And I definitely did not go to Harvard, or any, medical school. Which is why, when managing patients, I otfen ask my attending physicians for their advice and input. Because I trust that their knowledge and experience is greater than mine. Of course, in rare occasions if they suggest something
that appears to go against what I know, I will not take their words without doing my own further research and checking up with additional providers and experts . But in general, I trust in the good will and vast experience of my physician colleagues. Which is just another reason that I find it so hard to understand the anti vaxxers who distrust the majority of physicians, nurses, pharmacists, the cdc, the who, UNICEF, and the health departments of every single country in the world.

Thank you for the apology.

I think if you would read some of the anti-vaxxer sites, you will see articles written by doctors and scientists, you might see the issue is not as black and white as what was taught to you by the establishment.

eschaya

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:28 am
But another chocolate, please look closer at an earlier post of mine; I never denied that there are issues and specifically mentioned that there are issues that exist.
Vaccines are not perfect. I will be the first to state that. But neither are antibiotics, analgesics, antihypertensive, chemotherapies, anticoagulants, antidepressants, radiation, surgery, diagnostic imaging modalities and the vast majority of treatments available to us these days. And as science and medicine continue to incrementally improve upon what we have, I hope and believe that vaccines will be included within that ever forward movement to make our ability to prevent disease and promote health even safer and more efficacious. In the meantime, we are lucky to live in a time when we have the greatest health and longest lifespans in the history of humankind (except for the generations before the avos, but I cant address that). And vaccines definitely played a part in getting us there.

Last edited by eschaya on Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:48 am; edited 1 time in total

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:37 am
amother [ Apricot ] wrote:
Antivaxx is a slur. The correct term is "Typhoid Mary Identifying".

Love it!!!

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:41 am
We probably can't reverse the destruction of human health because it would take more than commitment. It would take a reversal of the blind faith in modern medicine, making ingredients like msg, trans fat, food coloring etc. illegal or at least controlled etc.

It would take a lot of commitment and a lot of lifestyle changes, that no one is willing to make. Anti-vaxxers included.

Quote:
So no, we are not hoping to change it on a global level. But we can all try to change it on an individual level, for ourselves and our families. And that's what many of us are doing. Or did, until a few immoral, unethical people in our government communities who know nothing about nutrition and health, only about grants from pharma propaganda from parties with vested interests, decided that I have no right to make this individual choice for my family, because their whims are more important.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:52 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
Please recognize not ALL antivaxers allowed their children to expose others. This is more personality type. Do you know how many children ill with various viruses are sent to school every day? Many people opposed to vaccines are very very careful not to send sick children out into the open. Unlike many provaxers. Please don't generalize.

Any anti-vaxxer whose child with measles started to deteriorate took their child to the doctor, knowingly against protocol. (Protocol is call up and they'll send a doctor to your home. They were told this. They refused. Protocol is wait outside. They were told this. They refused.)
Anti-vaxxers who see measles at "just another childhood illness" and don't know how to differentiate it from other viral infections brought their children to preschool, malls, on trains and buses, to restaurants, cinemas, weddings, planes (ch"v to have wasted money on a ticket) and pretty much everywhere else. If you know your child isn't vaxxed and you know measles is going around then when your child gets sick, quarantine your child for FOUR DAYS until you see what your child is ill with.
You have NO RIGHT to decide that you cannot quarantine your child for two weeks so instead you will quarantine all new mothers, all newborn babies, all cancer patients and immunologically suppressed people, for months on end, or a year and a half.
NO RIGHT.
YES this is all modern anti-vaxxers.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:56 am
amother [ Burlywood ] wrote:
This is my exact parable actually.
Antivaxers miss the forest for the trees.
Provaxers miss the trees for the forest.
And those of us stuck in the middle?

Hi, nice to meet you. I'm in the middle. I see the forest and the trees. I have my qualms but I do understand that:
a) vaccinating is me making a choice for my child. not vaccinating is me making a choice for my child AND YOUR CHILD, and everyone who is immunocompromised in some way or otherwise cannot receive the vaccine,
b) if I do not vaccinate and too many others do the same then my children will certainly contract the diseases, which is far worse, since they all have much higher morbidity and mortality rates than the vaccines,
c) the chance of a negative effect from the vaccine is infinitely lower than the chance of complications from the disease.

Therefore, I vax. And do not believe you have the right to choose otherwise, ethically or morally, unless you are willing to quarantine your child at the first sign of illness, every. single. time.

But, I see the forest and the trees and do not love vaccinations at all.

PS the medical professionals are not perfect.
PPS anyone selling you natural medicine is making most or all of their profit off you buying their talk and their products - they are no better than Big Pharma, and in many ways even worse, since no one in Big Pharma is earning their entire livelihood off vaccines.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:58 am

I am sorry. It takes a lot to be able to understand medical literature. The vast majority of anti-vaxxers I have spoken to - and parents in general who I have spoken to - do not have that level of understanding/ intelligence.
Could be you're one of the exceptions.

amother
Puce

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 2:03 am
amother [ Coffee ] wrote:
That's the point. I don't trust them with my healthcare at all. I use them warily and sparingly when necessary. I don't necessarily think they're evil, but greed is the pitfall of capitalism... I'm not a credentialed medical expert, but I'm not ashamed to say I know more than a lot of doctors. The age of medical patriarchy is over, information is equally accessible to everyone. Pubmed already happened. I have a pretty good understanding of drug interactions, I know how to use google when I don't know, and I've caught contraindications when drs haven't... I wish there was a better way to regulate alternative medicine, but not over-regulate. As always, I think the private sector is a better regulator of consumerism... I use alternatives just as prudently as a I use allopathics. Capitalism and government is a double edged sword... we live in a complicated world.

ETA: oh, and every time I grudgingly make the decision to use them (NOT trust them, just use them very very grudgingly) I can assure you there is some BIG industrial complex that is at least in part to blame for having brought us to that place. Like southernbubby said, if there was no big agri, big food, big dairy, big chem, big auto, etc etc, chances are we would need very very little of big pharma.

You just summed up the root of what is wrong with anti-vaxxers.
They think they know more than someone who learned 7 years in medical school, they think they are smarter than people who have to be top of the top just in order to be accepted - and worst (best?) of all, they think Google is a reliable source. Yes Google can offer you good stuff but it can also offer you complete trash and in order to know what's what you need some kind of knowledge.

amother
Burlywood

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:27 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
Any anti-vaxxer whose child with measles started to deteriorate took their child to the doctor, knowingly against protocol. (Protocol is call up and they'll send a doctor to your home. They were told this. They refused. Protocol is wait outside. They were told this. They refused.)
Anti-vaxxers who see measles at "just another childhood illness" and don't know how to differentiate it from other viral infections brought their children to preschool, malls, on trains and buses, to restaurants, cinemas, weddings, planes (ch"v to have wasted money on a ticket) and pretty much everywhere else. If you know your child isn't vaxxed and you know measles is going around then when your child gets sick, quarantine your child for FOUR DAYS until you see what your child is ill with.
You have NO RIGHT to decide that you cannot quarantine your child for two weeks so instead you will quarantine all new mothers, all newborn babies, all cancer patients and immunologically suppressed people, for months on end, or a year and a half.
NO RIGHT.
YES this is all modern anti-vaxxers.

No it's not all antivaxers. It's only the ones you've seen perhaps.
Spreading disease is despicable and selfish.
I'll bet you dont know of the ones who kept their children home.
It happens to be that my children did not catch measles. Or mumps during those outbreaks. Or pertussis which has been circulating for years now. Or meningitis when that broke out.
I keep my children home at any sign of illness. Especially because they weren't vaxed (past tense, they are now). So that I can monitor their symptoms and make sure they aren't spreading anything. Flu, stomach viruses, pink eye, strep, anything contagious. Which they catch mostly from vaccinated children who are sent to school sick.
Why dont parents keep their sick children home? It is so inconsiderate to make other people suffer because of carelessness and irresponsibility.
Parents do not have a right to decide it is ok to get other people sick.
That reminds me of when I was in the drs office with my newborn during the measles outbreak. Dr's office has an early hour for newborns and healthy children so as not to catch anything from sick patients. In waltzed a mother with five children to speak to the secretary and as their conversation went on, I hear her saying that her children are all sick, some with stomach virus, some with something else. And I was really upset at her. And I know she vaccinates because she announces it loud and clear.

#BestBubby

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:49 am
amother [ Puce ] wrote:
You just summed up the root of what is wrong with anti-vaxxers.
They think they know more than someone who learned 7 years in medical school, they think they are smarter than people who have to be top of the top just in order to be accepted - and worst (best?) of all, they think Google is a reliable source. Yes Google can offer you good stuff but it can also offer you complete trash and in order to know what's what you need some kind of knowledge.

In ancient times through the middle ages, certain "experts" called priests told the serfs what was what. And serfs were not allowed to question the priests - because they were not priests.

Today the serfs are educated and the internet has opened up a chance to see what the mainstream media hides - articles by MEDICAL DOCTORS and PHD SCIENTISTS who write about the cover-up of vaccine injuries.

Did you know that Pharmaceutical Industry funds medical schools? Don't you think that influences what doctors are taught about risks of vaccines and other drugs?

Did you know Pharmaceutical Industry is 50% of income for Medical Journals?
Did you know that half of the editors of Medical Journals accepted $$$ from
Pharmaceutical Industry?

I know this - but I bet many doctors don't!
Page 3 of 8   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  Next Recent Topics