Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Differences btwn Bklyn and Manhattan Touro

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 2:20 pm
Can someone tell me what the differences are between the Touro women's school in Manhattan and the Touro women's division in Brooklyn?

I realize both may have different majors, and it seems like the Brooklyn one has a men's and a women's division (I'm guessing at least separate classes, not sure how separate beyond that).

Any information would be great. I'm especially interested in the different "feel" of the two programs. Is one warmer/smaller? Is one run more like a city college while the other one is more like a high school atmosphere? Is it possible to not get lost in the crowd at either one?

If it affects your answers, this is for my DD who is considering Touro as an alternative to doing half day seminary and half day college.

TIA

coloredleaves

Post Sat, Dec 21 2019, 11:38 pm
Touro Manhattan has a vibe and warmth and people sometimes organize shiurim or eat lunch together in between classes. Touro Flatbush generally is for people working during the day and u just go in for classes and leave. No real sense of a college cohesive friend making experience. People say Flatbush is a little easier and does not require as many kodesh classes., so some people do it for that reason or because they live in Flatbush. But definitely less of a chevra feeling. Since it's night propel go in and out- they don't hang out in between classes to shmooz or learn or study together.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics