Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Orthopedic surgeon in NYC

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 6:56 pm
Need a recommendation for an orthopedic surgeon in NYC that specializes in knees..
Thanks!!

amother
Peach

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:04 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Need a recommendation for an orthopedic surgeon in NYC that specializes in knees..
Thanks!!

Couple of years ago we used dr otzuka ( not sure spelling ) at the time I think he was in joint disease . I know he’s not there anymore . Last I heard he was in montefor in the Bronx .
He was amazing . Actually was surgery on the knee ( to take out glass that went in)
Was recommended by rabbi Twersky

Good luck!

amother
Babypink

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:16 pm
Rabbi twersky and rabbi Hager would be great to recommend you to someone.

Tzutzie

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:21 pm
Otzuka is great!

amother
Ruby

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 7:34 pm
Columbia for sure. Charles Popkin is lovely and excellent sports medicine doc

amother
OP

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 9:11 pm
Thanks! DS is in college in NY (we live in a different state) He has had surgery on each knee for a torn meniscus. B4 he went to Israel last year we went back to the surgeon b/c ds was in pain again. Surgeon recommended surgery, but by the time he could get him in he would end up missing elul zman. We postponed the surgery and ds did pt in Israel which seemed to have helped until now. He is pain again and PT exercises are not working. I called the surgeon who is happy to see him, then send him for another MRI (he had one done last year) then see him again to discuss the MRI and schedule a pre-op visit. I asked why can't he have the MRI done b4 he comes as we all know it could not have healed and he is going to recommend surgery. The doc said its an insurance thing.. I am going to call insurance company tomorrow, but I am feeling its a how much more $ can you get from me for each visit! In any case my thought now is for ds to see a doc in NY and get their opinion and if needed get an MRI and then I could save a whole bunch of time and take that to the surgeon where I live....

EPL

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 9:36 pm
Dr. David Mensch in Hospital for special surgery specializes in knee surgery.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics