Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise
Grey Sheet question about plan

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 9:06 am
I don’t have a sponsor yet
I’ve seen the meal plan on the internet

I have a few food sensitivities and I don’t tolerate fruit. I get horrible stomach cramps if I eat more than 3-4 berries.

1. How do I find a sponsor that will allow me not to have the morning fruit

I heard from someone else that they won’t allow me to join if I don’t eat everything on the plan

2 Can I substitute it with some veggies
I’m ok if the answer is no

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 10:39 am
I don't do greysheet but in OA that would be something to discuss with a sponsor. One who is too rigid to accommodate food sensitivities may not be for you. I know greysheet is extremely structured, I don't know how rigid they are about modifications. If you know people on the program ask around. If greysheet doesn't work out maybe look into OA where there is more variety in Food plans. Don't just give up!

momomany

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 11:10 am
Gsa has 1 fruit per day... at breakfast. Can be 1 apple, 1/2 cantaloupe, for example.or 8 oz of many other fruits.
Afaik that is not negotiable

momomany

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 11:10 am

Last edited by momomany on Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:46 pm; edited 1 time in total

flmommy

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 11:51 am
Amother oak I would love to ask you some OA questions. Would you please PM me?

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:02 pm
momomany wrote:
Gsa has 1 fruit per day... at breakfast. Can be 1 apple, 1/2 cantaloupe, for example.or 8 oz of many other fruits.
Afaik that is not negotiable

Even if it makes you sick and the dr recommends staying away from the fruit for now
What happens if a person is allergic to most foods
I did a food sensitivity test and I just can not tolerate fruit

amother
Cerulean

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:11 pm
Can you post the plan - I might be interested in following?

studying_torah

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:12 pm
I have grey sheets on my bed & wondered why something about grey sheets is in the weightloss section.... 🤣

amother
Oak

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 1:41 pm
To those who are confused, GSA-grey sheet anonymous is a 12 step program for food addicts similar to overeaters anonymous.

momomany

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 2:49 pm
[

Last edited by momomany on Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:36 pm
momomany wrote:
The greysheet food plan is not for everyone. If you cannot tolerate the foods it requires than it is definitely not for you. Try and find a food plan that works for your lifestyle and.physical needs. Good luck

So basically I can’t join
Even though I feel this is the support I need.

momomany

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:43 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
So basically I can’t join
Even though I feel this is the support I need.

You definitely dont need a food plan that contains food that your stomach cannot tolerate! If you feel you would benefit from a food program that works the 12 steps than do a little research... there are quite a few. OA, OA90 are two that I know. Some people even attend AA meetings for "pure, undiluted" 12 steps.

amother
OP

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 3:57 pm
[quote="momomany"]You definitely dont need a food plan that contains food that your stomach cannot tolerate! If you feel you would benefit from a food program that works the 12 steps than do a little research... there are quite a few. OA, OA90 are two that I know. Some people even attend AA meetings for "pure, undiluted" 12 steps.[/quote

The thing is that I know frum ppl in grey sheet
I don’t know anyone frum in other OA
Frum ppl would understand the food meshugas
It’s like thanksgiving every week not just 1/2/3x a year

momomany

Post Fri, Dec 06 2019, 4:09 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
momomany wrote:
You definitely dont need a food plan that contains food that your stomach cannot tolerate! If you feel you would benefit from a food program that works the 12 steps than do a little research... there are quite a few. OA, OA90 are two that I know. Some people even attend AA meetings for "pure, undiluted" 12 steps.[/quote

There are definitely frum people in other OA plans..If you want this enough than you will do the work needed to find the plan that you can follow. And while its easier with a frum sponsor, I know many who have non.jewish sponsors and do just fine. It is all about bending to the program rather than trying to find a program that will flex itself completely around what you want. Because what the addict wants is food and more.food and will find any excuse to get it. And these programs are for addicts. If you dont think you are an addict than these programs are not for you. Gut shabbos

momomany

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 7:19 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
momomany wrote:
s.[/quote

That is not a reason to join greysheet. It is not meant as a social scene. It is a group that works the 12 steps and follows a very specific food plan. It is not for people who are either averse to working the 12 steps or for whatever reason will not or cannot follow its food plan. Not every plan works for everyone. Good luck.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:34 pm
When I ate things in grey sheet I had insane cravings. I think the 12 steps are awesome but my sponsor hurt me more than anyone in my life. And in my opinion grey sheets food plan goes too far in some ways and not far enough in others. I no longer eat compulsively and I’m sure that oa/ grey sheet would say that I do according to their programme but I Am stable and losing slowly and maintaining for 2.5 years already. I am happy. I am strong. And I don’t care what they think. After oa I gave up hope. All I needed to know was to stop eating carbs. Sadly no one ever suggested that. Don’t eat what makes you sick.

momomany

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 9:54 pm
andrea levy wrote:
When I ate things in grey sheet I had insane cravings. I think the 12 steps are awesome but my sponsor hurt me more than anyone in my life. And in my opinion grey sheets food plan goes too far in some ways and not far enough in others. I no longer eat compulsively and I’m sure that oa/ grey sheet would say that I do according to their programme but I Am stable and losing slowly and maintaining for 2.5 years already. I am happy. I am strong. And I don’t care what they think. After oa I gave up hope. All I needed to know was to stop eating carbs. Sadly no one ever suggested that. Don’t eat what makes you sick.

You are the perfect example that proves that greyaheet is not for everyone. It has been life saving for me. My cravings are gone and I am maintaining a 90 lb weight loss for 15+ years on thw greysheet. Basedon the OPs food issues it does not sound like greysheet is for her. And it obviously was a bad fit for you Andrea. Weght loss solutions do not have a one size fits all solution

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 10:35 pm
momomany wrote:
You are the perfect example that proves that greyaheet is not for everyone. It has been life saving for me. My cravings are gone and I am maintaining a 90 lb weight loss for 15+ years on thw greysheet. Basedon the OPs food issues it does not sound like greysheet is for her. And it obviously was a bad fit for you Andrea. Weght loss solutions do not have a one size fits all solution

It’s true. Sadly, you and I are both in minorities. You especially. But me also because I know I’ll still be ok in 15 years. Which never happened in oa for me. I spent 20/24 hours a day working my programme without any idea that what I wAs told to eat, which I believed I had to do or not recover was making me so sick still. I never had a pink cloud abstinence. I lost 75 pounds. But I wS a terrible wife, mother and daughter during that time, obsessing about programme to stay out of the food. I wish it had worked for me. No. Let me rephrase. The 12 steps changed my life. But the rest of it destroyed me and made me feel even worse than I ever had. Now I knew I wS a glutton and a horrible human being who was hopeless. Today, I’d be called fat and serene, because I have only lost twenty odd pounds in the past year and am still 100 pounds overweight. But none of the people I was in programme with twenty years ago are still abstinent except one. And I went to multiple conventions and had friends from all over. I knew a lot of people. I went to meetings in twenty cities, no exaggeration.

Today, I know I am going to be ok. I know I’m never going back. That is one thing I did learn in oa. Hopeless as I was, I understood that if ever I found what worked, I’d absolutely never cheat. So I won’t. Haven’t in 2.5 years. Won’t ever again. Because I’m not going back ever. Not to fruit, not to grains, not to starch or sweetener or sugar. Ever.

Chana Miriam S

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 10:40 pm
[quote="amother [ OP ]"]
momomany wrote:
You definitely dont need a food plan that contains food that your stomach cannot tolerate! If you feel you would benefit from a food program that works the 12 steps than do a little research... there are quite a few. OA, OA90 are two that I know. Some people even attend AA meetings for "pure, undiluted" 12 steps.[/quote

I do the same things I Shabbat that I do every other day. I eat to satiety from the foods that are good for me and my personal medical issues. I don’t eat sugar, grains, starch, sweetener or fruit. The other food is not mine to eat. And the major incredible thing is I don’t miss it. I’m so grateful.

momomany

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:36 am
Hi OP,
I hope you find a plan that works for you quickly. What I really love about what worked for me is that I have been has taught not to judge myself for being a food addict. I am not nor was I ever a slob or a pig or someone to be despised and looked down on. I am someone with an illness and I can say that with my head high and with no guilt or shame. I feel every overweight person needs to shed the guilt even.more important than shedding the pounds..
I am now bh serene around food, free from the prison of cravings and usually really enjoy what I eat. Sometimes I spend time preparing food, other times I grab prepared foods or raw food. Sometimes I eat really healthy foods and sometimes not. Sometimes I make low calories choices, but not always. But I do stay within my gsa plan and give over all my food to my sponsor. I have many "colleagues" in my greysheet group who share this miracle with me... several with over 18 years of abstinence. We do what we do every single day, weekday, shabbos and holidays. However many people try gsa and leave after realizing it is not for them too.

I truly hope that you find what you are seeking real soon. Hatzlacha Rabba
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Health & Wellness -> Healthy Lifestyle/ Weight Loss/ Exercise