Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Children's Health
Rave about your orthodontist Lakewood
1  2  Next

amother
OP

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 7:30 pm
Looking for orthodontist in Lakewood for my 8yo son and don't know much about any.

It would be helpful for me if you can tell me about your orthodontist that you like and where he is located.

Also does nj family care cover orthodontics? What else should I know about this?
Thanks!

amother
Violet

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 7:43 pm
Supposedly dr kornmehl in Howell is best. I used him for my son pallet extender.
But he is on the more expensive side and I don’t think he accepts insurance.
I had great experience with him and dentist was happy with changes (my dentist would only recommend him for work).

I left him now because of the cost and it takes so long to drive ther. I am trying someone new for braces so can’t comment on him yet.

small bean

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 8:33 pm
I use Krug. I believe he does take insurance but your insurance has to cover the work he does.

I'm happy. It takes very long to get the first appointment. Once you're in, you can get appointments.

I went there because my mother and sisters were happy there and you get icecream after each appointment.

imasinger

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 10:03 pm
I was in Lakewood for the summer with my kid, and we had an orthodontic emergency, far from home. We went to Krug, they were super nice and helpful, patched things up till we got home.

DVOM

Post Sat, Dec 07 2019, 10:37 pm
We use Jackson Orthodontics. My son has a complicated mouth and needed a lot of work; this is who my pediatrician recommended, we looked into them and heard fantastic feedback. They don't take any insurance and they are a fortune. BUT!

My son loves going to them and they have made his orthodonture a very positive experience.

They work on a community/experience model, as in they try to create a 'community' feel in thier office. With this in mind, they really get to know your kid. In our consultation visit they asked my son about his hobbies, likes, dislikes. He said he likes superheros; for his 'getting on braces' appointment, the staff all wore superhero capes and masks, and there was a big sign on the whiteboard out front stating: 'Congraduations DVOM's son! He is getting his braces on today!'. Tne selfie station was stocked during that visit with superhero props and constumes. There is a greeter in the waiting room when you walk in ready to serve you snacks. The snacks usually have to do with the theme of the day. When I declined giving my kids the snack once (it was 'back to school' week,and they were serving 'school lunch boxes') they made sure every visit after to serve Kosher snacks. They also have parties and trips you can participate in, like a fall carnival or renting out a rollerskating rink. The skating trip was during lunchtime; they made sure to order kosher pizza for our family. Your kid will get a 'credit card' that they earn points on for good oral hygine, not breaking thier braces, stuff like that, plus you can enter your grades from school on thier website or answer the weekly essay question that they post for more points. 100 points earns you a giftcard.

When I write this all down, it almost sounds rediculous. I guess the most important thing is that they are really fantastic orthodontists, really good at getting your kid the best smile possible. My son had an underbite, needed teeth moved around...But the fact that they make it so positive and fun is such a plus for us. It took an experience that could have been very negative and made it very positive.

Basya

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 1:18 am
Very happy at Bosonac. PM me for more info.

esther36

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 10:47 am
Very happy with krug orthodontics. They do take insurance but it's very hard to get covered by insurance unless your child has major issues not just for regular braces

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 5:49 pm
Thank you all.

Anyone hear of Friedman Orthodontics?

amother
Navy

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 6:30 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all.

I just started with Friedman. I Did a consult by someone else in Lakewood that was also highly recommended, but the prices were really high. I don’t need bells and whistles. I’d sooner pay hundreds of dollars less and go buy my child a treat in the dollar store. I need an excellent orthodontist and a nice warm office. We just started, but so far I am extremely happy. I Got great recommendations from people who used him in Philadelphia. He was patient with my kids and explained everything to me so that I could make informed decisions. The office staff is wonderful too.
As to insurance, they do take jersey care but jersey care will not generally cover orthodontics. It’s only in certain specific circumstances.
So I would not rely on that in any case.

amother
OP

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:43 pm
Thank you navy, appreciate your input

amother
Violet

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 11:48 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
Thank you all.

That is who I switched to from kornmehl. Been there a few times but just starting. Heard great things from references. He is patient and really explains things. I’ve only gone non Sunday’s so far but office was so quiet and peaceful. It was a change from last office. My sons case is complicated so I guess expensive wherever I go - but his prices were cheaper.
I can’t comment on the end result yet.

gomom!

Post Tue, Apr 06 2021, 12:26 pm
I know this is an old post but I’m looking into orthodontist for my son and I was wondering if anyone else had comments on who’s a good Lakewood orthodontist that is trustworthy and good with kids.

amother
Bluebell

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 1:59 pm
would love if people can write prices please

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:13 pm
My girls all got their braces at Krug. With my oldest, it was less crowded than it is now with my youngest. But Dr Krug is still there with his trademark equanimity and patience. So we're staying there (the icecream definitely helps!)

I've gotten comments from my girls' dentist about the good job done for their Orthodontics.

My DD had to write a persuasive essay for school, and she wrote "why you should get braces with Dr. Krug". So despite her many complaints about the nuisance it is to wear braces, she definitely likes going to that office.

amother
Violet

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:17 pm
amother [ Bluebell ] wrote:
would love if people can write prices please

This really depends on treatment and issue. You have to for X-ray. Pictures and then plan and then price.

My sons braces after pallet extender was 6000+ but that was because his moth is extremely complicated (pallet extender was an additional 2500). I was told simpler cases are cheaper.

Chayalle

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 2:19 pm
I think prices depend on what needs to be done. For example, one of my DD's only needed braces on her bottom teeth, so that was cheaper than my other girls who needed both sets.

amother
Alyssum

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 3:17 pm
I used dr baum. he works in Dr bressler's office on county line rd. My dd had invisalign. I was very happy with the work. It was slightly cheaper than regular braces(I think we paid $4500 but not sure!) I would not recommend invisalign for a kid that's not extremely neat and loses their stuff! LOL she brushed her teeth a few times a day and didn't eat anything with invisalign in her mouth.
Nj family care covers orthodontic treatment in very rare cases. One of my kids was approved(years ago!) but no-one else and not for lack of trying. I made an appeal and sent letters... don't count on it but definitely try!

amother
Emerald

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 3:20 pm
We see dr. Morrison in red bank. It’s a bit of a commute, but she’s airway informed and has a holistic, functional view on teeth, jaws, airway, spine and the rest of the body.

amother
Snow

Post Mon, Nov 08 2021, 3:27 pm
Ive used Krug, the waiting time has been long recently but their moving to a new building and claim things will move quicker.

amother
Bluebell

Post Tue, Nov 09 2021, 6:40 pm
what do people do if their child has terrible crooked teeth and also needs rubber bands but cant afford it? the cost for dd is 6500 and jersey care wont cover anything.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics