Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
If young couples are leaving BP, why are rents sky high?
Previous  1  2

amother
Cerise

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 10:25 am
I live in Lakewood and we need a car and many need 2 cars. so even if the rent is a lot cheaper, it comes out the same or MORE with the car + insurance + gas... In BP most of the young couples don't own cars as most things are walking distance and if not then you can usually take mass transit or car service

happyone

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 10:26 am
I'm still waiting for prices to drop so my couple could afford a decent 2 bedroom rental.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 11:50 am
Old people can be much more affluent - but sometimes they're the poorest

mig100

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:37 pm
amother [ Cerise ] wrote:
I live in Lakewood and we need a car and many need 2 cars. so even if the rent is a lot cheaper, it comes out the same or MORE with the car + insurance + gas... In BP most of the young couples don't own cars as most things are walking distance and if not then you can usually take mass transit or car service

This.

Everyone gets so excited about renatal price. I think they forget about other expenses

Pamela

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:45 pm
amother [ OP ] wrote:
I just heard of:

Someone paying $2350 for a very small, not modernized 3 bedroom apartment on top of a store, utilities included, and

$2950 for a 3 bedroom, w. old kitchen and 2 baths, in a 23' house built in the 70s, but prime area. Tenant pays utilities.

Both landlords dont take Section 8.

These are examples of lowered rent in BP?

Is $2950 the going rate for a 3 bedroom apt, with an old kitchen and baths, but a very good area?

These are actually quiet cheap. Most 3 bedroom apt I’ve seen are $3500+
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics