Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Are you stereotypically feminine?
Previous  1  2  3

Do you consider youself more masculine or feminine?
Totally feminine  
 20%  [ 35 ]
Somewhat feminine  
 31%  [ 54 ]
Equal balance  
 30%  [ 51 ]
Somewhat masculine  
 15%  [ 27 ]
Totally Masculine  
 1%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 170

amother
cornflower

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:12 pm
ok I voted very feminine before reading the post, I would vote differently now.
I meant I love makeup, pretty things, am creative, loving, affectionate, expressing, emphathetic, vulnerable, intuative, and flirty.
I am also NOT passive or quiet or unopinionated. I like to talk and have a lot of opinions, sometimes I feel like a caged lion.

amother
Mustard

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 12:50 pm
amother [ cornflower ] wrote:
ok I voted very feminine before reading the post, I would vote differently now.
I meant I love makeup, pretty things, am creative, loving, affectionate, expressing, emphathetic, vulnerable, intuative, and flirty.
I am also NOT passive or quiet or unopinionated. I like to talk and have a lot of opinions, sometimes I feel like a caged lion.

Me too!
I like how you express this, I feel the same way!

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 1:37 pm
amother [ Tan ] wrote:
Wearing heels is feminine because it makes your feminine features more noticeable.

Maybe. But cowboy boots —the kind real cowboys wear, not “cowboy” boots—have heels to “lock” the foot in the stirrup. Functional, but they also add height. Aristocratic men of eighteenth century Europe wore heels, lace ruffled cuffs, elaborately curled wigs and brilliantly colored clothing.

Men in the late 1960s-early 70s wore shirts in dazzling jewel tones —I’ll never forget the day my very conservative Chumash teacher Rabbi X wore a hot pink shirt and the principal Mr. Y wore blood red—and tuxedoes came in every hue from powder blue to pink to mint green and in jacquard patterns, too.

These things go in cycles. In 1964, Twiggy—so named for her stick-straight pre-pubescent figure—was THE top model in the world and arguably the picture of Western femininity. What she resembled most was an underfed refugee, with her pale pale lips, wide wide eyes and complete lack of curves or body fat. The androgynous look was “in” for both genders.

My personal belief is that men design women’s shoes with impossibly high heels because they hate women. Not only are the shoes crippling in a way that accounts for expensive visits to the podiatrist and orthopedist, to say nothing of emergency room visits for twisted ankles, but they also make it impossible for a woman to run away from an attacker, be he after her body or her purse.

Spike heels do have one redeeming value—they make excellent weapons for stomping on an attacker’s instep. Once he’s down, if you have good aim and knowledge of cranial anatomy, you could probably do a “Yael/Sisera” move with that same spike heel.

Ruchel

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 2:41 pm
If it hurts I'm not subjecting myself to it/for long. I'm very feminine. Heels wise, check what the kings wore lol

zaq

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 4:30 pm
amother [ Amber ] wrote:

Its ok for a mother to work.

Gee, thanks for giving your permission...I wouldn’t have dreamed of working without it . Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

eschaya

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:07 pm
Masculine: ambitious, assertive, outgoing, loud, opinionated, logical, dominant, thinking, individualistic, career-oriented, future, messy and doesn't notice the details as much as the big picture, enjoys cars and technology, isn't grossed out or frightened by things

Feminine: passive, understanding, receptive, giving, deferring, emotional, compassionate, intuitive, collectivist, family-oriented, present, clean and notices the small beautifying details, enjoys shopping/fashion, afraid of or disgusted by bugs/blood/etc.

According to your breakdown
Me: ambitious, opinionated, logical, individualistic, career-oriented, future oriented, isn't grossed out or frightened by things

Also me: understanding, giving, compassionate, intuitive, present, clean

In addition to the above-mentioned attributes,
- I find small-talk and phone conversations onerous, but I am apparently good at understanding feelings and emotions (I was voted most likely to be a psychologist in school)
-I hate shopping for and buying clothes though I do appreciate looking good once the clothes/sheitels are already in my closet
-I hate getting dressed up (especially stockings, short skirts, heels, and sheitel) but interestingly I feel naked without make-up
-I like adventure and outdoors, but can't play sports for the life of me
-I dislike homemaking and cooking/baking but I have a very strong need for cleanliness and order
- I do not enjoy little babies and have never had a strong desire for one, but I love my kids like crazy and would give up everything to keep them safe and healthy
- I am not a worrying type of mom, give my kids tons of independence and I'm fiercely independent myself, but I let (actually beg) my husband take care of bills and financial stuff

I probably am weighted more heavily towards the masculine side, but no one would look at me and call me masculine. One thing is for certain though, I am definitely not stereotypically feminine.

#BestBubby

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 9:20 pm
Masculine traits: I am a political news junkie - also enjoy history and science.
Not interested in fashion, shaitels, complicated recipes. Don't enjoy shopping.

Feminine traits: LOVE kids (hey I'm #Best Bubby) and discussions on parenting.
For Yom Tov I enjoy making special recipes - but I stick to tried and true and not
into experimenting. Love to read. Am bad at math
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics