Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Something that made you smile this week!:):)
Previous  1  2  3  4  5

amother
White

Post Thu, Dec 05 2019, 5:31 am
My 3 1/2yr old was upset that I went to a wedding and told his big sister. Big sister explains that "if mommy leaves the wedding the people making the simcha will be sad that she's leaving" so he answered "well she should tell them that her baby will be sad if she doesn't come home!"(notice the use of word baby, he's my youngest! LOL )

Jewishfoodie

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 10:03 am
Erev Shabbos. I was lightning candles while a few grandchildren watched. Like a doofus, I had to get a match so I slid open the paper matchbox upside doe accidentally and about 300 matches dropped to the table.

I hear a chorus of laughter behind me. Of course. Then one little one pipes up, "do it again!" as I'm frantically scooping up the matches and trying to put them back into the box so I can start over.

"I can't." I replied. "a magician never does his trick twice so no one can figure out how he did it..."

The oldest smartmouth said,
"We know how you did that trick. It's not hard. We just wanna see it again..."

Hmmm.

Let's just say... I got another 2 sets of giggles.

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 10:04 am
I was walking with my 2.5-year-old and 17-month-old. 2.5-year-old says to me, "Mommy, hold my hand!" I said to him, "What do you say?" 17-month-old DD pipes up, "Pease!"

amother
Tangerine

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 10:07 am
Also, I'm a public school teacher and my co-teacher's first name is a very interesting Greek name, although he goes by an Americanized nickname. The students see our first names all the time when they see assignments we post in Google Classroom. One student calls my co-teacher this week, "Polygamous!" (his name sounds somewhat similar) I cracked up!

amother
Apricot

Post Sun, Dec 08 2019, 11:20 am
I was invited to go with my in laws to Florida for a week at their expense! Yay!

amother
Bronze

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 5:07 pm
Bumping this thread.

My 2.5 year old has a speech and language delay.

I was sitting on the floor with him and my baby, both sitting on my lap. I told my DH that I have two kids who want their Mommy. My soon looks up at me and says "I want Mommy!" He is a Daddy's boy and only wants my DH if he's home.

Was amazed that he said that sentence - one of his first, and that he was saying it to me!

Sunny Days

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:14 pm
amother [ Bronze ] wrote:
Bumping this thread.

My 2.5 year old has a speech and language delay.

I was sitting on the floor with him and my baby, both sitting on my lap. I told my DH that I have two kids who want their Mommy. My soon looks up at me and says "I want Mommy!" He is a Daddy's boy and only wants my DH if he's home.

Was amazed that he said that sentence - one of his first, and that he was saying it to me!

Wow! That’s amazing Smile and must have been so heartwarming to finally feel acknowledged lol LOL

TwinMama

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 8:21 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
Erev Shabbos. I was lightning candles while a few grandchildren watched. Like a doofus, I had to get a match so I slid open the paper matchbox upside doe accidentally and about 300 matches dropped to the table.

I hear a chorus of laughter behind me. Of course. Then one little one pipes up, "do it again!" as I'm frantically scooping up the matches and trying to put them back into the box so I can start over.

"I can't." I replied. "a magician never does his trick twice so no one can figure out how he did it..."

The oldest smartmouth said,
"We know how you did that trick. It's not hard. We just wanna see it again..."

Hmmm.

Let's just say... I got another 2 sets of giggles.

This had me in a fit of laughter for a solid 5 minutes!!Rolling Laughter Tears streaming, absolute hysterics BH LOL!! I'm very visual so I just imagined the entire scenario!! Wow thank you so much for that laugh! That was awesome BH!!

amother
Brunette

Post Sat, Jan 11 2020, 10:45 pm
Jewishfoodie wrote:
My 3 year old granddaughter was eating dinner in my home while her mother was at PTA. I made a fresh chicken soup and for her, I took out a carrot, some squash, chicken and some soup and cut it all up in the bowl so it was one plate of combined food. I like when they have all the elements in one spoonful.

Apparently, that's not how her mommy does it, because she took one look at the "mush" and turned the bowl over on the table. Yup, food dripping down the side of the tablecloth, down the chair, on her dress...

So I tried to put on a stern face, to show her I was upset. Also, I was trying to formulate the right admonishment; not too harsh, (I'm her Bubby!) but also not too lax, so she knows what she did was wrong.

There I am, staring at her with what I think is my "you did something bad, but I'm not gonna yell, I'm gonna reason with you" face on, when this little angel looks up at me, looking mighty confused.

And she opens up her adorable mouth and says, completely puzzled, "Are you pooping, Bubby?"

No. I didn't smile. I burst into a terrible fit of laughter... I don't know how I concentrated on my job the next day. I mean, how does one go on from THAT?
LOL
LOL Very Happy Laugh LOL

amother
Magenta

Post Fri, May 01 2020, 5:40 am
eschaya wrote:
I saved a life today. In my line of work we are often involved in lifesaving, but it's often rote or just following protocol and training and experience. But last night someone (he was jewish, incidentally) came into our ED and had a life threatening electrolyte imbalance that none of the providers could understand where it was coming from. They obviously started the appropriate management of the issue, and then consulted me. I was just as stumped as everyone else, and then Hashem put a thought into my head of a rare possible cause. We ordered some more labs and it confirmed my suspicion. We ended up transferring the patient out to a larger hospital that has a specialized medication that can potentially save his life.
I could not stop smiling the entire morning. To know that because of my thought (that obviously is not due to me but thanks to Hashem who put it there) this man should hopefully go on to live another little while. And it did feel good to have 2 physicians tell me straight out "you saved this man's life today".

Btw, people who are fighting coronavirus become depleted of electrolytes and magnesium. Although at times a patient is improving, he might not make it if he doesn’t get the electrolytes and magnesium. This is something that people might not be aware of yet and is a serious concern.
Page 5 of 5 Previous  1  2  3  4  5 Recent Topics